PC Peripherals Keyboard giving me sudden electric shocks??

Slayer_25

Recruit
May 3, 2022
Hey everyone, i recently bought a Logitech G413 TKL SE, this is my first aluminium frame keyboard and i noticed i got a shock when i rested my pinky finger on the keyboard, while it didn't last long, i once again touched it and to my surprise it did give me a shock, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't, then i connected it to my laptop and didn't get a shock, touched my IO Shield and it gave me a shock aswell so i figured it is a problem with my PC.
What should i do to solve this problem?

desiibond

Skilled
Jan 19, 2009
Hey everyone, i recently bought a Logitech G413 TKL SE, this is my first aluminium frame keyboard and i noticed i got a shock when i rested my pinky finger on the keyboard, while it didn't last long, i once again touched it and to my surprise it did give me a shock, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't, then i connected it to my laptop and didn't get a shock, touched my IO Shield and it gave me a shock aswell so i figured it is a problem with my PC.
Get earth wiring checked, call electrician. This is a simple case of malfunctioning earth wire.

retrophiliac

Disciple
Nov 1, 2022
I experienced a similar problem with my pc; when I used it barefoot, every other metallic USB accessory connected to it would give me a shock. After proper grounding, it was resolved.

Reactions: Slayer_25

Sanjay_Shinde

Disciple
Sep 16, 2021
This looks like Earthing issue or if Earthing is in place then may be that place is dried. Please check with electrician/wiremen to identity and resolve earthing issue

Panda

Disciple
Jun 22, 2015
That's a good PSU, so not an issue. The only way to confirm whether the issue is by connecting the keyboard to some other PC & checking it.