kindle cover

kindle original cover seemed way too expensive to me, plus it didnt fold back easily, so was a pain to use too.

Tried out getting a kindle cover from dealextreme, in hope that it might be better. but still that wasn't kinda satisfactory as the inside material was kinda velvetly which i didnt seem to like much, plus it was rexin and not real leather on the outside. Kinda has a cheapo feel to it.

So went around Kolkata, sourced a bit of leather, and handed over to a local guy my original kindle cover + the leather.

The first attempt he made something that didnt work out, but second one was prety good job. here are the pics

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

Update the pics. (The pebble grain finsih cover is the original amazon leather cover, the other one is the one locally made. Just had both in frame for comparisions.)

I couldnt source the pebble grain leather used for kindle cover, so got the local plain black ones and added a sponge layer betweeen the leather and the board.

Side fitting which hold the kindle in place would be anyway not be practical, so opted for four corner straps to hold it in place.

They were made a bit thicker, which causes it to cover the unlock switch and the navipad key, but well, I felt that was better than using a thin strap and risking the kindle falling out.

the original kindle cover wouldnt fold back easily, so opted to have no board on the side, to allow easily folding back of front cover

that is one nice cover :) The original kindle one wont fold back, and i preferred that it do, thats why decided to make this one.
Sei said:
Nice. Good job! I had thought of making my own cover but bought the one from Nook store in the end.

nook1.jpg

Well kinda hard to find so either need to get frm us or else need to get custom made from people who work in bag making bags n stuff

You might want to try galaxy tab pouch also in case u r ok wit slipin style

I got this Galaxy Tab pouch from eBay for 549 Rs. Its very good. Been using it for almost 1 month. No problems so far (remember, its not original, but pseudo leather).

FYI
You get some great looking nook covers on E Bay India for a reasonable price that ll fit perfectly for your Kindle 3 (WiFi and 3G version).

Back