Kindle Touch Vs Nook Simple Touch. Which one to buy?

freefall72

Disciple
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking to buy a basic eReader and I'm in 2 minds about which one to go for.

A relative will be getting it for me from the US so what do I need to know about the warranty for both the products?

I'm really interested to know real life experiences of fellow techenclavians who actually use these eReaders.

So don't hold back :)

Get yourself a Kindle Paperwhite. It's light is definitely much better and even than the Nook (as per the initial reviews) and you'd get a backing of Amazon's customer service. I am an user of Kindle Touch and they actually replaced my Kindle Touch when I'd faced problems. Make sure that you get the non-ad version as they don't support ad-version internationally (unless the CS rep is in a good mood).

I really like the look of the Paperwhite, but unfortunately, my relative will be returning to India end Sept while the Paperwhite will start shipping Oct 8 onwards. So that's out.

If I understand correctly, the Nook and Kindle provide the same reading experience (same screen etc), but the Nook has some extra features such as the expandable memory and no ads.

What about the Barnes&Nobles warranty? Anyone has any experience with that?

If my relative were to buy the Kindle there and hand it over to me here, and then something went wrong with it, will Amazon honour the warranty?

Either way, you can't go wrong.
I've got the Kindle 3, and after the first 20 minutes of reading, I forgot I was holding a device instead of a book.
With e-book readers it's all about the reading experience. That's why they're such simple devices.
The nook and kindle should be equally good.
Get the kindle if you're worried about support, or the nook if you want physical page turn buttons.
Either way you can't go wrong.

Does either the Kindle or the Nook need a screen protector?

I guess a cover would be a good idea especially if I'm carrying it in a bag with other stuff.

Back