Kingfisher Airlines about to Close - Good or Bad ?

My flight with Kingfisher Airlines was cancelled in the past

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hA1d3R

Adept
I have been hearing of Kingfisher airlines cancelling flights for a over a year from friends but never understood why? Is it true that Kingfisher airlines cancels the flights and again sells the ticket at a higher price on a busy route.I am not talking about the recent trouble . One of my friends told me this and he didnt even get his money back . I am surprised that no one has complained on this issue

It would be bad if they close the Kingfisher Calendar! Who cares about the Airlines anyway?? Lolzzz
<

Well if you see current situation, things that go against KFA are;

1.Unscheduled Cancellations causing immense trouble to customers - One or two cancellations are acceptable but 70-80% from past 6 months & more is totally unacceptable.

2.Unpaid Salaries of Stewards, Pilots, Technicians & Support Employees - Really grave situation, imagine yourself in thier place, how anxious we get if salary is delayed by a day or two, here we have unpaid employees for long duration. Safety here is a bigger issue than delays or cancellations.

3.Unpaid Taxes - Main reason why Bank accounts are frozen, why should KFA be exempted? Does IT dept allow common man to delay taxes?

3 reasons which are maybe just critical enough to be good for closure of KFA.

However again the questions will be what about employees, airline sector, why Air India is always bailed out?

-If employees dont get paid for 4-5 months, whats the use of being employed there?

-Mismanagement is main reason for downfall of KFA, Indigo is doing good in same Airline sector, Royal Treatment & all is not for Economy Buyers in India as they would avoid extra premium, yet KFA treats their customers each of them as 'Guests' not customers.

-Air India bail out is unreasonable too, but its govt company so policies depend on govt, although most of us would not support such bail outs.

150 Crores are infused in Force India but KFA is on verge of license cancellation, for a layman like us its really surprising.

Just enough reasons for Closure right?

Force India is not Kingfisher Airlines. Two different entities. Mallya is taking his chances really. He can get Kingfisher out of this shit, but by doing that he would be giving the message that "we can take care of ourselves". So the govt. can continue to be oblivious to what is happening in the sector. A lot many demands of the aviation sector have been ignored for years now. The govt. knows that Kingfisher closing down would be a bad thing to happen to the sector as there would be really no competition left in the market. Jet, which already dominates the market, would gobble up a majority of Kingfisher's client base. Leading to monopoly. Low cost operators provide cost benefits only on advance booking. And many a time I have found that both Air India and Jet give fares similar to the low cost airlines on advance booking.

-Mismanagement is main reason for downfall of KFA, Indigo is doing good in same Airline sector, Royal Treatment & all is not for Economy Buyers in India as they would avoid extra premium, yet KFA treats their customers each of them as 'Guests' not customers.

I have flown KFA in the past and would rate their customer satisfaction much above any other Indian airline. Being treated courteously is not going to raise operating costs and this is the least customers expect. I'd rather be treated well than be provided any extra stuff (which would add to the cost).

It's rather unfortunate that KFA might shutdown. IMO, it provided a benchmark in customer service in its domain.

I have flown KFA in the past and would rate their customer satisfaction much above any other Indian airline. Being treated courteously is not going to raise operating costs and this is the least customers expect. I'd rather be treated well than be provided any extra stuff (which would add to the cost).

It's rather unfortunate that KFA might shutdown. IMO, it provided a benchmark in customer service in its domain.

Sire, forget about benchmark, its symbolic that KFA means 'Canceled Flights', no one serves you when you are left stranded at an airport, its just you & some other airlines ready to milk out extra money for Flight Transfer.

People still booking with them are really courageous or have no other option on that route.

Sire, forget about benchmark, its symbolic that KFA means 'Canceled Flights', no one serves you when you are left stranded at an airport, its just you & some other airlines ready to milk out extra money for Flight Transfer. People still booking with them are really courageous or have no other option on that route.

I should have put 'in the past' in bold. I believe they have acute staff shortage leading to all these cancellations. In their prime, KFA has always provided exceptional customer service (in my case anyway). Again, I am talking from my experience from a couple of years ago.

Closing KFA is not a solution. The problem was & continues to b Mallya - who had and continues to have no idea as to how to run an airline.

Sack Mallya, recover his obligations (theoretically that is possible!) and change the board of directors.

The banks must take over the airline by converting their debt in to equity. You won't find this option discussed widely as this would save crores & crores of public (that is you & me) public money from being declared as irrecoverable.

heard "something" from an employee in KFA.. mallya is going to pour "some" money from UB to KFA by this month end.. dunno how true this is..

Closing KFA is not a solution. The problem was & continues to b Mallya - who had and continues to have no idea as to how to run an airline.

Sack Mallya, recover his obligations (theoretically that is possible!) and change the board of directors.

The banks must take over the airline by converting their debt in to equity. You won't find this option discussed widely as this would save crores & crores of public (that is you & me) public money from being declared as irrecoverable.

Public money in Kingfisher? Pray how? Also the option of sacking Mallya sounds dictatorial at best. Tomorrow the govt can sack Mukesh Ambani that way. Or Sunil MIttal. Kamath may be.

@ kauzy

i dont think he would put money from UB (profit making) to KFA

Coz he's only interested in getting his loans restructured to lower interest rates once it becomes NPA for banks and then he will wait till FDI is cleared by Govt. to sell part of his stake for considerable profit!

In terms of QoS, Jet and Indigo are generally much better and more streamlined compared to KFA

As far as the bailout is concerned, it should be treated at a higher priority than AI since KFA offers better services than AI

^^^ NO QUESTION OF BAILOUT FOR KFA with Indian Tax payers money (mallya's got millions in other ventures)

atleast AI is government owned so you are pumping money to govt subsidiary!

Capitalism will not work in perfection with Govt. intervensions. All failed companies should be sold off. It should create a precedent. Or else, there is no meaning in privatisation. For e.g., see what big financial institutions in USA and West are doing.

If it's not profitable why run it? And if you want to invest in the market now so that you may reap gains in future, then do it. Mallya already has a lot of cash, he just doesn't want to use it instead. Why should public money be used to support it?

Public money in Kingfisher? Pray how? Also the option of sacking Mallya sounds dictatorial at best. Tomorrow the govt can sack Mukesh Ambani that way. Or Sunil MIttal. Kamath may be.

public money as in loans given by punjab national bank and state bank.

these two are most exposed banks from PSU to KFA

mallya loves two things

flamboyance and women.

he gets both in loads through kfa.
<

Mallya is looking to exit this business.But now he wants to get out dignify and not by lenders taking out his business.

He could have easily flown his other business profit in order to make this last long but already he got bank loans co-lateral from his company being mortgaged.Now moving the profit will also wont go down well with liquor business share holder plus bank might take his main business.

Hence he have stop putting money from his own pocket.I feel its not tough for mallya to put 2-3 thousand crore into it but its the lender from whom he borrow dont want to put money ina flaw business model where chances of making money is not possible.

Also from today all international flights have been cancelled and may be next money if it doesnt pay or carryy forward tax money to service tax and income tax department and doesnt follow security procedure its license is going to cancelled.

In short chances of shut down in couple of month is high and most probably government will take the company pay the debts to some extent and merge with AI and no shareholder will get anything just like global trust bank incident.

But again KFA doesnt have its own airlines (jets)so there looks no point in taking over because its just providing service on rented vehicles(planes).

If anyone have the share of this company avoid and get out.More blood bleeding will happen .

I must admit although I do fly frequently but never by Kingfisher. I flew with Kingfisher for the first time on 1st of Jan this year when I took took a connecting flight from Ahmedabad to Bangalore via Mumbai. Both happened to be Kingfisher flights. Both flights were delayed by up to 20 mins, the food was good and the GPS gizmo which tells you where you are at any point during the flight was fun as well and so was the camera mounted near the nose of the aircraft but the best thing by far was the leg room. I usually fly by Indigo/GOair/Spicejet and none of them offer such comfortable seats and good leg room. If only other airlines could implement such leg room in their aircraft. As for the ticket prices, it was the same as any other flight when I flew.

There was a time when flying was something everyone looked forward to. You dressed for the occasion and you were pampered. Now its simply a chore where you are bundled like cattle into the aircraft. Shashi Tharoor's Cattle class remark did make sense. Flying on the whole is a chore and leaves me tired and weary.

Its sad that Kingfisher's gone bust.

Back