Linux Kingrool & those interested in RHCE

~uNIx~

Disciple
hey dude get the files fast before it goes down ;) you will find some very useful files for practicing troubleshooting

Code:
ftp://test:test@61.177.63.244/public/test/rhce

Especially download the files from the last folder "trouble shotting" , offcourse u need RHEL 3 to practice

no no friend there is english stuff too. There are rpms in trouble shotting folder. These rpms are actually rhce troubleshooting lessons. These are actually redhat scripts which will break your system after activating and then you will have to fix the challenge/problem ;)

After installing any of the "rhce-ts-*.rpm"
just use these commands:
tslocal <---- local problem like root login denied fix it etc.
tsnetwork <---- network problem like cannot ftp to the server xyz fix that
tsboot <----- boot problems like system fails to boot fix that

tslocal count <----------|
tsnetwork count <------| total no of problems
tsboot count <--------|

To activate the scripts
tslocal 1 <----local problem no 1
tslocal 2 <----local problem no 2

tshint local 1 1 <---hint 1 for local 1
tshint local 1 2 <--- hint 2 for local 1

etc...

tshint local 2 1 <---hint 1 for local 2
tshint local 2 2 <--- hint 2 for local 2

similary to activate network problems
tsnetwork 1

for boot problems
tsboot 1

To know what the problem tslocal,tsnetwork,tsboot 1 is:
tslesson local 1
tslesson network 1
tslesson boot 1

this is part of RHCE exam. :)

it_waaznt_me said:
Hmm.. RHCE have RHEL in the focus .. I was thinking about trying FC3 with the RHCE guide ..will it do ..?

hi,
I highly recommend that you practice on RHEL if you are going to give the RHCE exam as a total newbie. Speaking the truth Linux is mostly used for mail servers.

The differences in RHEL and Fedora is minor as the former has higher hardware capabilities, all stable packages and most importantly RHEL is a real Server distro while Fedora is aimed for desktops.
RHEL is with customer support and Fedora no support but does it matter with so many tech forums ;) So RHEL is for big companies who will always prefer to pay for support.l

Actually i know weird friends who used fedora, and other distro like Debian,FreeBSD :O but then they are hardcore experienced nix admins like me so they know what to do if they find something missing ;) if you have similar experience then its ok.

Also check this alternative for RHEL:

http://www.centos.org

Those troubleshooting scripts by redhat can also be installed on fedora ;)

If you are going to practice at home then you will need atleast 2 machines for Netwroking part of the RHCE course but 3 machines will be highly beneficial and not every1 can afford to have 3 machines and even 2 .

Book knowledge will not help to clear the RHCE exam. You need a lots of good,fast hands on practice bcoz the exam is time limited. You are allowed to use the "man" pages but it is better to master all the commands since there is limited time.

Don't take for granted that just bcoz you have good linux knowledge that you will clear this exam. Keep your cool and practice alot than just reading dumb RHCE books. Practice the Labs at the end of every unit in those Redhat provided books when u enroll for the course. Other good book is:

Red Hat Certified Engineer Linux Study Guide By Michael Janghttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...1/102-1084479-5151357?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

I know many trainers @ these institutes who are not RHCE themselves but teach to practice.

Currently RHCE is on RHEL 3 but now RHEL 4 is out and anytime now the course will be updated to RHEL 4 so watchout. Also the exam fee is increased from 8000 to 13000

~~~~~~~~~~~~
@KingKrool

he buddy check this:
http://www.whiteboxlinux.org
bye

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I was trying to dload those files but they ftp server does not work :(
Can somebody pleaase do 1 of the following:
1) email them to ankitsoni9[at the rate of]gmail[dot]com
2) PM me with a rapidshare link or something
3) Any other way u can think of
Thanks in advance

Hmmm.. Lots of people interested in RHCE... Well i am an RHCE...on RHEL 3... Gave it a year back...98%... So if any doubts ask me....

I'm preparing for the RHCE exam to be held next month. I found your post -

" Kingrool & those interested in RHCE permalink

hey dude get the files fast before it goes down you will find some very useful files for practicing troubleshooting
Code:
------------------------------------------------

But I can't access it through ftp clients. I tried with anonymous. Would that be a problem? or if there is another solution to get those files, please mention.

Ashis

that ftp is over 2 years old re

find some other source now

torrents or appz sites

while we are on the topic...any recommended book for rhel4?

the one listed above is for rhel3

Hi,

Could you please let me know where can I find the rhce-ts file for RHEL5. Early response will be much appreciated.

Thanks
~uNIx~ said:
hey dude get the files fast before it goes down ;) you will find some very useful files for practicing troubleshooting

Code:

Especially download the files from the last folder "trouble shotting" , offcourse u need RHEL 3 to practice

Back