Kingston DT Ultimate G2 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review

Kingston Taiwan sends a USB 3.0 Flash drive for evaluation..

This is a DataTraveler Ultimate G2 32GB flash drive. Lets see how fast she is...

Packaging, Specs and First Impressions

The drive is pretty thick but then again its a 32GIG Drive. I didn't want to risk damaging it to see what's inside but this drive uses 4x 8GB Toshiba Flash NAND and controller from Phison.

Test Setup and Benchmarks

Thanks to Gigabyte, Kingston and Western Digital for providing the hardware for our standard test system.

AIDA 64 Disk Benchmark

oimg

oimg

---

Transfer Tests

oimg

Conclusion

There's not much to say here as this is the first USB 3.0 Flash Drive we got for evaluation. This will be the base results for any of the flash drive we get from here onwards. There's no point in testing USB 3.0 on USB 2.0 now. Its one of those strong and thick flash drives with 29.84GB of formatted usable space and out-of-the box use with no utlity and with 5 years warranty period.

These cost $84.99 in U.S.! Need to do a checkup on INR.

I read a few reviews and USB 2.0 performance is pretty decent as well. Am considering getting either this or the Patriot supersonic. Would be great if Kingston rep could post availability info in India.

bottle said:
I read a few reviews and USB 2.0 performance is pretty decent as well. Am considering getting either this or the Patriot supersonic. Would be great if Kingston rep could post availability info in India.

Dear bottle,

Please directly call this number: 022 42230300 to contact our sales.
They will help to provide you the information needed or you can also mail on sales_india@kingston.com
We will revert to you with a call back withing 24 hours! Thanks!

Cheers,
Kingston Technology

Back