Audio Klipsch OR Bose mic-IEM : GALAXY s2 ??

pratik.176

Disciple
Want to buy an IEM , with built in mic , & music player controls .
Would be used while taking long cycling trips , using the endomondo app
to provide distance info , as well as play tracks/pik calls .

Only two options emerged :
1. Klipsch image s4a
2. Bose MIE2 .

The MIE2 's volume keys do not work . Other than that , the mike & call keys do
The Klipsch tend to drop off due to streching / bending on the bike .

Both cost almost the same .(5k)

Any solutions to the dilemma ?

Klipsch has very good bass response but does not overpower rest of the frequency band unlike Bose. I have been using S4i for over a year first with my iphone and now with Sony Live Walkman. I use MapMyRide app for cycling trips. Both IEMs have flimsy cables. S5i has better cable but same SQ. I got my S4i for Rs. 3800/- from Lamington road Mumbai.

One word of advice though, it is dangerous to wear IEM while cycling.

i have no idea about the mie2.i did audition them once,however,i do not remember the soundstage anymore:p

as for the klipsch s4 -
it has potent bass
the level/type/harshness of the same can be changed with differing buds.i utilized comply foam tips t100 with them and,it turned them into cheap bass head iem's which was a pleasant surprise.
the overall soundstage is very nice and the highs and lows can be nicely heard at this price.
if you do not need the mic however i would recommend you the brainwavz m3.they are one of the best iem's i have used for the price i paid.

I have a Galaxy s2 and the sound quality sux so bad that I don't use it at all with any of my IEMs. I recommend you buy a Sansa Clip and a Brainwavez M2 and keep your phone aside. The improvement in SQ is tremendous. But if you must buy an iem with a mic, the only decent option is to get a TF10 and tf10vi cable separately. I hope you budget is a tad flexible :D

tumblr_m1g54bIwmx1qgzc0ko2_500.jpg

Hopefully a tad flexible @bennysachdev :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Galaxy s2 and the sound quality sux so bad that I don't use it at all with any of my IEMs. I recommend you buy a Sansa Clip and a Brainwavez M2 and keep your phone aside. The improvement in SQ is tremendous. But if you must buy an iem with a mic, the only decent option is to get a TF10 and tf10vi cable separately. I hope you budget is a tad flexible :D

absolutely agree with benny theres no reason whatsover to get a good iem for the s2.its sound quality in one word is terrible.almost 'sit in da corner and cry terrible'. even my triple fi 10 s couldn't stop me from selling the s2

Back