Audio Klipsch S4i: Low right earphone volume

Its been almost a month since i purchased Klipsch S4i and i VERY rarely used it.

But suddenly i see that volume from the right ear piece is extremely low(almost near 0)! While the left ear phone seems to be working fine.

I have checked with various sources like PC, Mobile and even shifted the IEMs to see if there is any problem with my ear :p But now i have 100% confirmed that there is some issue with the right IEM.

I called up the ebay dealer from whom i purchased and he asked me to ship it to Pune for replacement.

Now should i ship IEM all the way to pune and face the headache or is there any other simpler way to solve this problem...like any dealer in Bangalore to replace,etc..??

Sending it to Pune is the only way out I guess , the distributor for Klipsch India is based in Pune. Incase you need further assistance,PM me for contact details of Mr.Shah who own the distribution firm.

^ I know you don't need to , just in case the OP is scared to send it and is concerned about the shipping hassles etc .Also he can ask about the turn around time for replacement beforehand , just in case if this turns out to be like one of those PC hardware / gfx card RMA taking 1-2 months :rofl:.

Hmm... 1-2 months for replacement !!

i dont think it will take that much as they just have to replace ...there is no provision for repairing the IEM :)

good luck

Finally i have sent the IEM for replacement.

Frankly, i wasn't neither totally happy nor disappointed with S4i. So do you guys think i should sell this and get something different/better?(assuming that i get ~3.8k for sealed s4i)

^ If you can tells us what u liked about the S4i and what you didn't , we could suggest you a possible upgrade ;).

^^hmm..i'm not a pro in this audio equipment, but after coming from Soundmagic PL30 to S4i, i hardly found any improvement in the quality of sound.

I just don't see why these IEMs are ~4k!

PS: I listen to all kind of music like Telugu,hindi,English(rock, etc etc) :p

Err something is wrong. The S4i has tons of bass while the PL-30 has hardly any bass.

I dont think you got a proper seal with the S4i. Trying getting a better seal when you get its replacement and see if you enjoy the sound more. If the medium tips dont work then try the small or large tips instead.

Yeah seal is very important with S4, I mean VERY important

also burn in improves the sound Q , reduces the sibilance as well.

I think you should try someone else's imageS4 thats burned in , to try the SQ one more time with proper seal ( use the Smaller Biflanges) , if you dont want to open your replaced image S4.

I found the default tips that came attached with the S4 to be pretty small(i felt so!) so replaced them with the largest one in the pack..!

I played a song(128kbps bitrate) on my iPhone 4 using S4 played that using PL30 aswell and i felt the bass and quality was extremely similar to PL30... :?

THen they were faulty ! Bass is no where comparable to PL30 !! WTH !

BASS is the highlight of S4 ! Quality and Quantity ! OS if you found them lacking in Low frequency response ! THEY WERE FAULTY.

Go try someone's S4

Guys..i got the replacement and after 2 months, and i'm facing the same freakin problem again now :( :(

wen u gofor replacement, do u get a sealed pack or is it repaired and sent back? Cozlast tie when i had sent for replacement, the recieved back the same ear phones in the same torn packaging! I din complain because it was working fine thn...

This is insanely pissing :(

REPORT back and Demand a new Earphone .

as the problem has random occurrence! :(

they probably checked it and it was fine and shipped it back as it is. YOu should tell them the problem goes on and off randomly .

Hope it works out . :(

They took a week to RMA my set, gave a new sealed pack replacement, they do not repair. Have you had your ears checked?

Oops! Forgot to update this thread!

There is no problem with my IEMs at all!! I called up the dealer and he said me that even the last time there was no issue with the IEM! There was only some dust in it which blocked the sound!

Now i have cleaned the ear buds and it sounds PERFECTLY FINE!

lol :p

Back