Linux KMPlayer not working

street.soul

Disciple
I just shifted to linux because i got bored of windows 7 :p and i also will be having linux now in college so thought having an early start
I installed Ubuntu Linux 9.10 and downloaded a few packages and selected the best software download server Index of / and updated through the update manager
Now there is audio and video working perfectly fine in the inbuilt players but the problem is no video is being played in the kmplayer and no song is being played
What is the problem ?
Downloaded kmplayer through Ubuntu Software center.
I miss the kmplayer of windows ! Help
Thanks.

You have to install full Xine codecs inorder to work with KDE based media player. Instead download gstreamer codecs and run movies and media in Gnome based player say Totem and Rythmbox

I don't think he meant that. What he saying is download gstreamer codecs and run movies and medias in Totem or Rythmbox, as you are using Gnome.

If you wish to use KDE based player you need to download all the Xine codecs. Well if you wish to use kmplayer go for it.

I have downloaded the gstreamer codecs and the movie works in totem i think thats only the inbuilt player right ?

And which player is better totem or kmplayer ?

And whats new in a KDE based player ?

why not just install VLC and be done with it. else you will need to research steps online to load all the plugins for gstreamer and xine backends to get it working in any random player...

btw, i gotta try this honesty net archive, it has lucid too!

edit: just noticed its already in the india list in lucid by default :D... last i heard they wanted to become the official default ubuntu india mirror... neat stuff

My personal favourite is Smplayer on ubuntu which uses mplayer backend. Mainly coz i need VDPAU and smplayer is the best frontend for mplayer ;)

Tried out VLC player . it is quite good but still miss the KMPlayer of windows ! since i just installed ubuntu linux 9.10 is there any package i should install ? i installed wine . . . is there anything else that i shoould put ?

First the Kmplayer you are trying is KDE based and not the one you use on Windows !

and whats the point of using a windows based media player in Linux ? Try Xbmc or Enna if you so dying for UI.

Back