KOBO eReader

Status
Not open for further replies.

kniwor

Adept
Note: I leave delhi on the 15th and all sales must be done before that, so let me know your number in PM for a quicker talk.

KOBO eReader - 4800/-

I bought this over kindle and other readers even though all of them were priced the same bacause of the format support. Most importantly, this supports epub format and almost all books can be found around in epub if you know the right places to look for them. This is eink reader and is great on eyes, the battery lasts long, close to one month for me.

Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/10976681/1/Forum?h=dc5c94

Mods: I'm not sure if this goes here or in the general section, if this doesn't go here, I have a thread in the general section which I will add this to.

I was expecting a reply on the shipment today but have not received any update yet. Can you let me know the shipping details asap ?

Still no updates on shipping. Can you please let me know on the mobile number, I PMd you, the status of shipping ? It is important that I am able to track the shipment so that I can pick it up from the courier outlet in Kolkata in case I am not at home.

Hi, I am traveling and have communication problems with my phone dead and all. Will find out and PM the tracking number asap, since my friend has couriered it for me.

Received the eReader today. The eReader I have received seems to have a black colored back while the one in the snaps has a blue one. So I think the eReader sold is not what is quoted above. For some reason it is not reporting the correct size of the SD Card. Other than that it seems to be working fine with the few ePub I have opened. USB Cable is missing from the package. Also the SD Card seems to freeze the Win XP on my Compaq laptop for some reason but seems to work on by Acer Aspire One Netbook.

There are no kobo eReaders with a blue back. Please have a look at the official website and you will see that the Oynx eReader comes only with the oynx back, no other color, which is what is in the pictures and which is what has been shipped. I owned only one eReader and the snaps are for the same one that is shipped. As mentioned in the post, the eReader is in the perfect condition same as new, and I'm sure you will agree with the product condition.

As for the SD Card, I suggest you format it; perhaps you are looking at the size of the internal storage of the eReader instead the SD Card. The card is just fine, can you please check the card reader in your notebook. I do take responsibility for the missing cable, which I couldn't find (coupled with the fact that I was only selling the reader, so I did not find it necessary to go to the market and buy one to ship). However, it uses a generic mini-USB cable which is easily found anywhere, I hope this doesn't cause much trouble.

hmm.. the one in the snap appears to have a blue back unless somethings wrong with the camera, the light or I am colour blind .. as mentioned when I try to access the SD Card it hangs in Windows let alone formatting it. I formatted it in my Netbook but for some reason it refuses to work with my laptop. The internal storage shows up correctly as 1 GB in the eReader, its the SD Card which shows up as incorrectly as ~500 MB as mentioned earlier.

The fact that the USB cable was missing should have been mentioned in the post as its a standard accessory with the Kobo eReader. Probably my fault not checking on the accessories. I had expected a better and smoother deal than it has turned out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back