Kolkata - pl recommend a good place to buy

flexman

Disciple
Hello

I am in Kolkata for a few days and I need to buy a system from the "Lamington Road" of Kolkata. From the posts on the forum, I gather that Chandini Chowk is the place.

Can some folks in Kolkata pl recommend a couple of good shops from where I can compare prices/buy. Also, will the store assemble the system? I usually buy from Lamnigton Road where the astore is quite happy to assemble the system for free, but I don't mind paying a nominal charge for assembling and testing the system.

Grateful if you can also advise if the following components are usually available in Kolkata and if the prices indicated (from Mumbai) are the price levels in Kolkata:

Case - Cooler Master Elite 310 - Rs. 1650
PSU - Cooler Master Xtreme 350W - Rs. 1550
CPU - AMD Sempron 140/145 - Rs. 1650
Motherboard - Gigabyte M68MT-D3 - Rs. 2350
RAM - 2GB Kingston DDR3 Value RAM - Rs. 1075
HD - Western Digital Green 500GB - Rs. 1650
Keyboard/Mouse - Gigabyte KM-5000 - Rs. 450
Monitor - Philips or Benq 18.5" LED - Rs. 5600

Thanks for your help.

I highly recommend Arihant, there are two Arihant there in Chandni Chowk, I'm talking about the Arihant beside Shabir Hotel(Ask anyone, he/she will point you).

So far I've seen Arihant provides the best prices, but one problem, you can't take the sheet where he'll write you the price for individuals.

After Arihant my 2nd recommendation is Technocrat.

Shop to highly avoid : Supreme (Very costly).

Get the quotes from arihant and vedant as suggested and bargain at eastern logica. They can sometimes offer things cheaper. Tirupati used to be a good shop as well.

I recently got DDR3 2GB corsair for Rs. 975 from eastern logica.

arihant/vedant hands down have been mentioned above i guess.also try getin quotes from starcomp n clikzone they might give you better prices on some o da components

Thanks for all the replies.

Are Cooler Master products usually available in Kolkata, in particular the 310 cabinet and 350w psu.

Tks.

Back