Korean Drama Series Discuss

kartikoli

Skilled
Recently I've started watching Korean series and found out many of them are pretty good. Lets share and discuss them here

Squid Game - Simply amazing and the reason I've started watching korean dramas
All of Us Are Dead - Fast pace version of walking dead (quite good indeed)
Doctor Romantic - good show
Descendants of the Sun - good too

Rain or Shine - Left after 5 episodes as its too slow

Stranger on Netflix. A great drama/thriller. S1 is one of the best series you would watch.

Avoid S2, it seems like totally different thing altogether. Couldn't go past second episode. For me it drops from 8 to 2-3.

The shorter duration of the series makes it a good choice to watch. Most of them have around 16~18hour run time total iirc. Many of the story lines are quirky or straight up weird which is a welcome change from the run of the mill soaps. My wife used to watch it a lot and got me started on it. It was good entertainment during the total lock down period. Now I watch the one or two that catch my interest from time to time. I've branched out to Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese and Thai content also but feel their production quality is not up to the Korean ones.

I generally watch thriller/suspense/comedy genres, listing the one's I can recollect

Crash landing on you - would put it in my top 10 list
Signal - Time travel
Beyond Evil - A bit dark when compared to other KDs
Bad Guys - There is a second season of this but it's not connected to this in anyway

The shorter duration of the series makes it a good choice to watch. Most of them have around 16~18hour run time total iirc.
The main reason I started watching kdrama is this and they very rarely have multiple seasons.

Started watching Business Proposal and the first 2 episodes are pretty entertaining (Good timepass comedy)
Crash landing on you.
Legend of tue blue sea.
Vincenzo. These are the one's i ve watched. All are good. And the best thing about k dramas. There is no nudity or extra crap. And it ends in 16 episodes.

In some cases they also have the looney tunes/anime kinda sound and special effects which i find funny and adds to the experience

Many teenagers these days are hooked to korean series. Wondering from where did this treand came from?
My young daughter is hooked to them. Kids like them as they are quirky and funny. Mostly light rom coms. All have good home/office decors and good grooming and dressing of characters. Kids especially girls love such things.

And the best thing about k dramas. There is no nudity or extra crap. And it ends in 16 episodes.
Yes this is something really good, In Hollywood dramas people will start sleeping after couple of dates :banghead: don't know how true is that but I find is unsettling sometimes also too much promotion of gay/lesbian culture.
Should we say "Buggers to search" :grin:
I still don't know BTS full form haha

So I searched all the names being suggested in this thread but it seems all of them are only available on Netflix and nowhere else.

As someone who does not have Netflix and wants to see one show to try it are there any good ones available on Prime/Hotstar/Pix?

So I searched all the names being suggested in this thread but it seems all of them are only available on Netflix and nowhere else.

As someone who does not have Netflix and wants to see one show to try it are there any good ones available on Prime/Hotstar/Pix?
Not a lot, only good series I found is Taxi driver on prime.

Viki/Netflix are probably the best sources for watching legally. There are a lot of not soo legal sources, dramacool is the most well known one.

I see that the best source for getting a kdrama is not included in the thread title :p

Back