Lamington road - first trip. Advice required

Kneo

Adept
I'll be going to Lamington road to buy the following for the first time. I know the area vaguely - the road in particular and the police station etc.

1. WD My Passport 500 Gb
2. Toslink/Toslink cable (which brand)
3. Coaxial/Coaxial digital cable (which brand)
4. Optical to Coaxial convertor
5. 6 outlet Belkin or MX surge protector (advice req here)

I need to know whether credit cards are accepted for items like the HDD. Which shops to approach and their directions. Also, what would you advice for Belkin v/s MX power surge protector.

Any bargaining techniques.

Try out Primeabgb or E-Lounge both of them are really nice dealers and will give you nice price for all your stuff

Primeabgb is located at the building just opp. swastik Cinema,its inside the building

Haven't been to E-lounge yet but will be visiting today !!

most lamigton road shops will accept credit card after adding 2% extra.

prime is probably the most reliable shop. they have more stock and understanding of the product they sell than any other shop keeper. if needed you will get very good support for RMA of any product.

and this wont come for free. they quote usually slightly higher than average price for most product.

mcaann is pretty good.

i personally prefer mahadev computers(in the lane opposite to king resturant). that guy can quote outrageous price at times, but as i have been dealing with him for over 4 years, i get good prices and he gets me anything i want and is willing to get stuff which he doesn't have.

Is there any ATM around Lamington road so that I can withdraw money from there if required.

OT: I was told by Prime on mail that My Passport 500Gb is not available as it is being 'discontinued' !!!

Kneo said:
Is there any ATM around Lamington road so that I can withdraw money from there if required.

OT: I was told by Prime on mail that My Passport 500Gb is not available as it is being 'discontinued' !!!

yes, ICICI ATM is present straight ahead on the lane of police stn ( 3 mins walk), i.e. the main road. hope u might be aware, w.e.f 1st april you can withdraw money from any ATM without any extra charges.

Axis bank atm is right across a bakery bang opposite the station. Actually it is just touching the station steps on the east side.

Back