Laptops Lappy advice

ru121279

Disciple
y0 Friends ,

after some quick research i came to the following config for a semi gaming laptop. I had actually intended to set this budget up for a desktop until the time i realized that I will have a inter city lifestyle soon (work!! :mad: )

I used the following link as a guide:
PriceGuru Laptop Buying Guide - October 2007

my config is a little different than the one in the guide. I will list out the details on this post again for the convenience of the readers.
# Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.0GHz, 2MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB)
# Chipset: Intel Mobile 965PM Chipset
# OS: Windows Vista Home Premium
# Display: 15.4″ UltraSharp Widescreen WSXGA+ (1680×1050)
# Memory: 2GB DDR2 667MHz RAM (1GB x 2 soDIMM)
# Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB GDDR2 VRAM
# HDD: 250GB 5400RPM SATA HDD
# Optical Drive: 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities
# Others: ExpressCard Slot, 8-in-1 card reader, Noise Isolation Ear Buds, Modem, Travel Remote Control, 56k modem, Ethernet, Intel 4965AGN Wireless-N Mini-Card
# Power: 9-cell 85Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery, 90W AC Adapter
# Color Kit: Any of the eight colors
# Carry case: Dell Large Nylon backpack case
# Warranty: 1-Year Warranty

my total damage including VAT/Octroi/taxes direct and indirect is around 74K.

I also configured the same thing on dell.com (USA) the total cost is around $1650 (approx 66K) without international warranty the only difference is there i had a blue ray drive.

Is this-74k- the website price??
If yes den there is a lot of headroom for reduction..
Which model is this???

n wat advice do u want exactly?

@party Monger :
yeah the guy came down to 67K
with 3 years break in warranty
but that is if i buy it today itself.

I think that is a little too less time to give ...
the sales guy claims it will take a month to ship ...
isn't that too long a time ?
2-3 weeks is acceptable anything above that is slight issue.

Model is Inspiron 1520

Ah u don need to wory abt that buy today thing,,, u try more people @ dell, u might hav called yest,,friday,, they hav sales target fro friday to friday,,, talk properly n u'l get more,,,
Ask him to send u the quotation,, try and force him if he does den u can order it within 7 days of quotation n u get time to decide...If he doesnt , probably ur gettin a very good deal..
Tell him its totally unacceptable,,,tell him u hav a public meet or somethin and want the laptop within 15 days no other way out..
But invariably it will take 20days or more...
u can also get a higher os..
Wats a break in warranty??go for nothin less than complete cover...
Ps:- if they delay, u can ask for compensation,, i got my warranty extended by one year i know dat is les but i didn know much abt dell @dat time...
ALSO TRY MORE THAN ONE SALES REP...3 4 5 try them,, ul only save money,, n DO NOT tell dem wat someother rep has offered u..they can not supercede other reps dat way...

or just ask them to some extra features at the same price...........

t7300 proccy for ex.. but I think that will be a bit overboard..... or a nice leather bag

Back