Lappy for <35k??

Hi, need to get a new laptop since the old one just died on me. It'll be mainly for college (useless) purposes. The specs they have listed are :-

1) core 2 duo (or the newer i3/whatever comparable)
2) win 7
3) 3-4gb of RAM
4) 250gb HDD
5) A dedicated graphics card (powerpoint presentations are really graphic intensive these days I heard...)

Can someone list me the available models in this price range? The net price (inclusive of all the taxes) should preferably be under 35k.

Thanks!

You'll get a dell or acer with intel i3 which should more than suffice for your needs (the integrated graphics run ppts just fine). But don't even think about gaming.

Add 5k and you should get a decent GPU (read ati HD 5470).

Getting a Laptop with dedicated GPU below 35 G's is kinda difficult... (I think so, people might differ here)... I think your best bet is Dellâ„¢ Inspiron 15 New Laptop (S541206IN8) @ 41 Grands through Dell's website or you can have one from Computer Empire @ Nehru Place for 38.5 Grands without Windows 7. Comes with Radeon 5470 Graphics...

I seriously don't think ppt's require a GPU... You'll be good with any Intel (core i3) graphics for making... and the specs that you need (except the dedicated GFX) should cost below 35 G's...

5) A dedicated graphics card (powerpoint presentations are really graphic intensive these days I heard...)

Get real.. !!!

You dont need a dedicated graphics to run any friggin Powerpoint presentations..

Save these excuses for your dad to let you buy a more expensive lappy.. :D. [/joke]

You can get a DELL or ACER withing 35 that will serve your college days just fine.

St.John said:
Getting a Laptop with dedicated GPU below 35 G's is kinda difficult... (I think so, people might differ here)... I think your best bet is Dellâ„¢ Inspiron 15 New Laptop (S541206IN8) @ 41 Grands through Dell's website or you can have one from Computer Empire @ Nehru Place for 38.5 Grands without Windows 7. Comes with Radeon 5470 Graphics...

I seriously don't think ppt's require a GPU... You'll be good with any Intel (core i3) graphics for making... and the specs that you need (except the dedicated GFX) should cost below 35 G's...

dexBG said:
Get real.. !!!

You dont need a dedicated graphics to run any friggin Powerpoint presentations..

Save these excuses for your dad to let you buy a more expensive lappy.. :D. [/joke]

You can get a DELL or ACER withing 35 that will serve your college days just fine.

Something you guys seem to have missed in the OP

[SARCASM][/SARCASM]

No I didnt...

You may not know this but I am blessed with superior sarcasm-detecting powers.

While I havent found a way to use my powers to save the world .. so I just hang around here pretending to help people..

[/SARCASM]

LOLLZZ :D :D :D :D

you still in college?
Didn't you like start working or something?

Finishing a year of work in June, thats the time my MBA course will start too :)

and they?

The college :(

Guys, that was a joke.

Acer 5542g comes for 30-35k.with a ATI 4570.... Main Drawback is the AMD processor. but It'll handle everything you throw at it..

Woah, exactly what I need! thanks

a rare useful post from someone with a joining date post late-2009, not from the TDF crowd i presume? pls rep and rate the post, whatever... (repped from my side)

Sorry got mixed up , the i330m version costs only 32k but no dedicated GFX card . The one with the card is 5740G

I still think that the acer 5542G would eat those lenovo babies for dinner in games n stuff. The lenovo's come with Intel onboard shit which I like to steer away from. Lets see if I can get a bargain on the 5542G. Seems to be exactly what I need.

Get the Acer 5738G
C2D T-6600
4GB DDR3 RAM
320GB HDD
HD4570

One of my friend s got it for 36k~ in mumbai two months back. As the new stocks 5740G would be available now you might even get is cheaper :D

For lappies don't get with AMD proccies. They run quite hot.

Or you can get the new Sony VPCEB14EN : E Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India for 37-38k~ market price.

If you are not gonna buy immediately then wait for the Acer 5740G with i-3, HD5470 prices to stabilize. Currently they sell for 37-38k~. Prices may dip slightly in 2 months

My specs are :- 3gb ram, atleast 250 gb hdd, atlleast a 512 dedicated graphics card, i3 processor..Can anybody tell me options and their prices from Dell, Acer,Msi and ASUS ?
Budget, 34k max..

Back