Budget 51-70k Laptop <60k for casual gaming and student usage

vyuncet

Recruit
Hello. I'm expecting something below 60k but if there's something worth some extra money I'll be up for it.

I'll be doing occasional casual gaming but I want it to last for a few years in casual usage like taking notes, web surfing etc. without any lag. I'm also looking for some decent battery life.

I don't care that much about size but I don't want it to be like way too thick to be portable, and also < 16" screen. Also, I would appreciate an SSD though it's not a hard requirement. If HDD at least 1TB of storage. I'll appreciate 144/120Hz refresh rates but I'm definitely alright with just 60Hz, since at this price range.

For gaming, I only really care about running vanilla Minecraft@60fps with high settings, and maybe some Titanfall 2 at medium. I want to be able to run a few emulators like Cemu. I don't really mind if there isn't windows on it by default, I'm okay with using a Linux OS.

Thanks in advance.

If Minecraft @60fps, Titanfall @60fps, Cemu, portability, decent battery life are requirements, I think a Ryzen 4500u laptop will be best fit for you. You won't get a 120/144Hz display in this budget. -

1) MSI Modern 14 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 4500U - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) Modern 14 B4MW-238IN Thin and Light Laptop

2) Lenovo ThinkPad E14 AMD Ryzen 5 4500U 14-inch Full HD IPS Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/ 256GB SSD/ Windows 10 Home/ Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019/ Black/ 1.72 kg), 20T6S0A500 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08PXQLNZH/

Between the above two -
1) MSI has 512gb SSD compared to 256gb SSD in E14
2) MSI has Larger battery (52WHr) vs 45Whr of E14, yet both offer 7+ hrs easily on moderate usage as Ryzen 4000 series is more power efficient than Intel counterpart.
3) 1.3kg of MSI vs 1.7kg of E14
4) Materials are identical in MSI and E14, Aluminium Lid and rest is Plastic.
5) MSI has very few service centres, no onsite service and few horror stories on reddit.com/r/IndianGaming, so you should prefer Thinkpad if you don't have an MSI service centre nearby.
6) Though specs wise (350 nits) MSI's display is better than E14 (250 nits), but many reviews on Amazon are concerning. One of the review mentions Flickering issue and some other mention about inadequate Quality control.
7) Both USB-A ports on MSI are 2.0, while its one each if 2.0 and 3.0 on E14

If you want to look at something much more gaming capable if your budget allows, you can look at - This, This, This or This

Thanks for the reply

To be honest the ones you mentioned at the end look interesting to me. I can probably afford the extra 10k but, the MSI one seems to have an i5-9300H and the lenovo has a ryzen-4600H, which seems to be a better processor. What is your opinion on this? Is the MSI one worth it, if it does have a worse processor for the graphics card and display?

To be honest the ones you mentioned at the end look interesting to me. I can probably afford the extra 10k but,
One thing to keep in mind, these gaming laptops will be heavier and will have lesser battery life than the 1st two laptops as these have a dedicated graphics card.

thehe MSI one seems to have an i5-9300H and the lenovo has a ryzen-4600H, which seems to be a better processor. What is your opinion on this? Is the MSI one worth it, if it does have a worse processor for the graphics card and display?
It will depend on what you intend to do with the laptop. If you are inclined towards productivity or e-titles (like valorant etc), Lenovo with Ryzen 4600H will be way better but if you want better gaming performance in AAA titles, MSI or This with 1660Ti will be better.

..or you can look at This which has both Ryzen 4600H and RX5600m (~1660Ti)

Any specific suggestions on laptops using them?
Its a toss-up between the Lenovo Ideapad Slim and Acer Swift 3 models
Pick based on your preference.

Note for the mods.:- Please message me instead of ghost-deleting my posts. If you need help writing/clarifying rules around self-promotion, I'd be happy to help. I've written guides for this forum and others before, this would be no different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lenovo IdeaPad gaming 3 is a good option... Comes with Ryzen 4600h which is the best processor at this price and it has 1650 for gaming. It's at 60k...
You are 2 months too late. Anyways, there is an Aspire 7 for ₹55k with Ryzen 5500u and GTX1650 available as well.

You are 2 months too late. Anyways, there is an Aspire 7 for ₹55k with Ryzen 5500u and GTX1650 available as well.
This Acer laptop seems like a good deal. I don't know if there's any other laptop available in this range [around 55k] with the same value for money.

Back