Laptop Advice Please - 13" Power house.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi all..

I havent had a laptop in a year so looking to get one now... :)

My requirements.

1. 13" screen. No not even 14" please. I have used 2 15" and 1 17" laptops previously from Dell and HP. don't want any more back exercise lugging it around.

2. It should be powerful... It should play 1080p's with ease.

3. HDMI port.. Very very necessary.. for req number 2. :)

4. Budget: Preferably under 40k.If necessary upto 45k.

I like using PC's for 2 or 3 years so if it has options to upgrade ram and hdd then sweeeeeet.

I was eyeing the new aluminum HP notebooks.. any idea abt price and availability?

Any suggestions are welcome.

m-J

Asus UL30vt or JT. Think and Light. Can pay 1080p with ease and has a HDMI port.
You can check out the config on Amazon.com and preferably order is from there too.

could be expensive than this one as they got the newer i series ...

I can be happy with the C2D lappy as long as the price is low

yeah the price is hovering tad bit below $900 and thats whats gotten me into the fix... might as well get the macbook pro 13.3 when going that far...

m-jeri said:
could be expensive than this one as they got the newer i series ...

I can be happy with the C2D lappy as long as the price is low

We recently bought the U30-JC for use in the office. Pretty good machine, with a Core i3 and a decent graphics card (310M). Got it for ~900$. Gives us about 7 hours of battery life as well.

Newegg.com - ASUS U30JC-A1 NoteBook Intel Core i3 350M(2.26GHz) 13.3" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 310M

The Asus UL30Vt uses the ULV SU7300 processor which may be pretty good for a secondary system but am not sure if it will be ok for a primary system for 2-3 years.

i would recommend the dell vostro 1320 - i wanted to buy it when i was looking for a laptop-its well built.
do consider the vostro v3300 which is the newer core i3/5 powered model.
both laptops are within your budget.

m-jeri said:
Will they support international shipping?

whoa... thnx mate...

Amazon.com: ASUS UL30Vt-X1 Thin and Light 13.3-Inch Black Laptop (11 Hours of Battery Life):…

very nice.. comes to under 35k... naice.. got international warranty also.. :)...

dont go in for the JC just yet. Wait for the reviews as to how hot it gets after a months Use. Read some forums like Notebook review etc. I have my doubts regarding the temps of this machine as its i3/i5. There is no point in buying a laptop which you cant keep on your lap ;)

@sunny..

Vostro build qlty is not something i am happy with. then again i havent seen many asus laptops except for the G series ones.

@Amaresh

No. thats just a netbook with NOS. :). Not so good at 1080p and all. and dunno abt MSI build qlty.

the cheaper vostros aren't well built -- ie the vostro 1014 or the 1018 but the 1320 and v3300 were well built.

Back