laptop between 25k to 30k .. basic laptop !!

prince_20003

Disciple
hi

Hi pals,

very soon i will be moving out of my home for job ,,,so for few months i wont be having my lappy or desktop either...

but after few days i m planning to buy a basic lappy for basic computing work....

Usage will be as following :

1) Pdf viewing, net surfing via mobile phone as modem.

2) normal video files, NOT HD ones...

3) NON OS version will do..... but later i will be putting Windows 7

4) 15 inch screen...

5) should have Wlan, bluetooth .
i have shortlisted Toshibas Model No.: C650-M5010
Part No.: PSC18G-00400N

here is the link for it.. https://www.toshiba-india.com/laptop/satellite-c650D.html

its around 26k.... i am looking something like this one..... if you ppl know similar configuration laptops ,, then please let me know....

Thanks

@prince_20003

you have selected the right one it has 4250 gpu.go ahead

there is another version l640 above + graphics card 3gb ram.

tech_savy said:

this is 14" dear....anyways thankss...i wasnt aware of this model ....do u know any such model from compaq brand?
vip said:
@prince_20003

you have selected the right one it has 4250 gpu.go ahead

there is another version l640 above + graphics card 3gb ram.

thankss....but wats price of l640 ?

also do u have any idea abt toshiba's lappys performance and after sales service?

prince_20003 said:
@vip,

how much it will cost if i upgrade 1 gb ram in it?
which model?

if u r talking about C650-M5010 then it already has 2gb ram which is enough for ur requirement.

or u want to make L640 dual cahnnel 2x2gb.use identical ram in both slots. i think kingston laptop 2gb ddr3 cost around 2.6k.

For just over 30k, maybe around 31-32k, you might get your hands on Acer 5740. Do have a look, it comes with core i3, but it seems that the laptop you selected does cater to your requirements.

Just wondering if the OP went in for the Toshibas C650-M5010 ??
Also, anyone opinions about a tablet netbook?...ie. The IdeaPad S10-3t

Surve.p said:
Also, anyone opinions about a tablet netbook?...ie. The IdeaPad S10-3t
The reviews are pretty good and you get a tablet+netbook, so use whichever you want as per the requirements. If you don't mind shelling out that much, it's worth it. Especially while web browsing and stuff, we don't use much of a keyboard and that time the tablet mode would be an added advantage for usability.

samsung r528 for 23k for t4400 2gbddr3 and 15.6 led backlit screen its the cheapest option out there, with total VFM

arun687 said:
The reviews are pretty good and you get a tablet+netbook, so use whichever you want as per the requirements. If you don't mind shelling out that much, it's worth it. Especially while web browsing and stuff, we don't use much of a keyboard and that time the tablet mode would be an added advantage for usability.
second that...have heard the touchscreen lacks responsiveness...there are other reviews which talk of the inherant glare from the screen...anyone actually used one of these?

Back