Laptops Laptop for 40k

DuBudhi

Disciple
Looking for a laptop for 40k guys.

Its going to be used for general computing, lots of cad work and a little bit of 3d rendering.

So a bigger screen is preferred...

15" should be good... anything smaller is a big no.

As much ram as possible,

If possible a basic graphic chip.

I can stretch the budget to 45k but don't wat to put more than that guys,

Looked at configs from HP, Compaq and Dell.

Dell inspiron 1525 with 3gb ram seems to fit the bill.

What do you guys suggest??

DuBudhi said:
Looking for a laptop for 40k guys.

Lol.. :S 1 laptop n 40k guys :bleh: .. gonna be one big fight over who gets to control it.. :eek:hyeah:

Relax just tryin to add some humour here.. :eek:hyeah:

An to cut short your query.. get a dell.. tats wat every1 is eventually gonna recommend.:hap2:

Well I just bough a dell, and to say I just love it would be too little

Customize ur own dell 1525 or studio 15 whichever u like u shud get it within 45k

amityrock said:
Lol.. :S 1 laptop n 40k guys :bleh: .. gonna be one big fight over who gets to control it.. :eek:hyeah:

Relax just tryin to add some humour here.. :eek:hyeah:

An to cut short your query.. get a dell.. tats wat every1 is eventually gonna recommend.:hap2:

Lol...

Thanks a lot guys... Dell then it is... we will be buying 5 laptops, we can bargain with dell, right?

Thanks guys...

One last doubt i have...

Can i use a bluetooth handsfree of my phone with the comp for gtalk or should i buy something seperate??

Found out that it can be used...

But bluetooth cuts of with obstructions like walls right? Can i use someother headphone mike combo. That has good range and is not hassled by walls and other obstructions?

Im looking at slightly lower range..
And let m tell you something interesting

I was trying out different configs of vostro 1510..

I configured same conf from 2different links..

And i got the same config at 2different prices..and a price difference of 2.1k!!!

The lower one was 31k..
just imagine..

So you can get good deals form dell, but you need to put in some time and effort..

HP dv2701TX is available for 43K.

C2D 1.66, 2gb667MhzRam, 160gb, LiteScribeDVDRW, nVidia8400GS 128mb, 1.3mp WebCam, 14.1'',etc. + for 500more wireless wifi music receiever.

Shops are offering many freebies with it too.

One more thing it has a brown chocolate vinyl all over it and looks simply amazing.

Better than Dell>> Dell looks plain ugly.

You can also buy dv2762TX that has 1.88ghz C2D, 2gb Ram, Ge8400gs 256mb and some more features.

Chennai has much lower prices for HP lappys.

6515b KS197PA; dv6703TX are some other Laptops that offer much better VFM than Dell.

Back