Laptops Laptop For 45K : Dell/Sony/HP?

rareravi

Disciple
I'm looking for a laptop preferably in the range of 45k.My primary usage will be programming,watching HD movies and casual gaming.What's

Some of important Considerations:

Screen size : 14" - 15"

Processor:i3/i5

Ram:3-4GB

GPU: Any ATI series

Brand: Dell/Sony/HP/ASUS

Battery life: At least 2Hr (Normal usage)

One very important consideration is that it should not become very hot during normal usage and also should be good looking.

I'm considering HP DV6 3057tx(switchable graphics may be useful to extend battery life) ,Dell studio 15 and Sony Viao VPCEB16FG.Comments and suggestion are welcome.

I wud stick to Dell studio 15 cos of the build quality and the service that Dell offers in India.

Also dell lappies have a better resale value too i suppose.

As s sony user myself... i would recommend a vaio.. i usually sit on bed placing the lappy on pillow..and it gets little warm compared to my friends 1 year old HP which gets easily overheated(though i cant comment on all the HP models).
And if ur concerned about good looking and build quality then sony will be a the best choice!!!

1.sony vaio EB16 is discontinued,you can have a look at Vaio EB36 though it will cost you 50k but you get awesome looks+ i3@2.4Ghz+Ati 5650+4 gb ram+Full HD screen.

2.If you want the best after sales support then customise a dell studio according to your budget and usage conditions.

3.If you want most bang for your buck then you can look at asus k42ja with i5-460+2gb ram+640 gb hdd+ Ati 2gb 5730 at 44k,its an awesome config for the price and you can add more ram later but asus aftersales is not the same as dell.

^^ Where is that asus model available?

Can you tell me any dealer in Hyderabad??

I am also in search of a notebook at that price

^^yeah the dealer is offering many goodies like nuforce NE6 iem+mouse+canon inkjet printer along with the laptop and you can get it at rs 43899 if you deal directly but you get peace of mind with ebay ;)

But remember that the laptop will run hot and its battery life will be short.
I'd personally recommend the HP due to the better after sales service (it has improved quite i bit here), better build quality and switchable graphics.

go for dell
no one can beat dell after sales service n do remember to take complete cover for 3 year
i yesterday got changed my whole laptop body:D

I already have XPS M1530 and it runs pretty hot during normal usage and Dell uses pretty bad batteries for their laptop.

RS4 said:
you can have a look at Vaio EB36 though it will cost you 50k but you get awesome looks+ i3@2.4Ghz+Ati 5650+4 gb ram+Full HD screen.
Any comments on battery life?

devilsmind said:
As s sony user myself... i would recommend a vaio.. i usually sit on bed placing the lappy on pillow..and it gets little warm compared to my friends 1 year old HP which gets easily overheated(though i cant comment on all the HP models).

And if ur concerned about good looking and build quality then sony will be a the best choice!!!
one of my friend is using sony vaio. and it gets overheated like a hot pan on a gas man ....

do not go for sony. In 44k although you will get much nice config in other brands like asus and hp but go for dell.

Dell laptops are costly but their build quality and after service is best in India.

My friend just brought Dell Studio 15 from laminton road, mumbai at 45.5k

His laaptop's config is:

Core i5

3 gb ddr3 ram

1gb ATI 5xxx gfx card

500 gb HDD

DVD RW

i would recommend Dell Studio 15

rareravi said:
I already have XPS M1530 and it runs pretty hot during normal usage and Dell uses pretty bad batteries for their laptop.

Any comments on battery life?

You will get 2.5 hrs of battery life under normal usage and less than a hour while gaming,you wont get much battery life in a laptop unless it has switchable graphics.

RS4 said:
You will get 2.5 hrs of battery life under normal usage and less than a hour while gaming,you wont get much battery life in a laptop unless it has switchable graphics.

So it is better to go with HP Pavillion DV6 3057t ? Any reviews and personal experience?

^^My personal experience(includes friends & family) with HP DV4/5/6 series wasnt good,so i cant give any review regarding these ;)

Where I can get asus k42ja in Bangalore?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

devilsmind said:
As s sony user myself... i would recommend a vaio.. i usually sit on bed placing the lappy on pillow.

What is the config?

Have you considered acer yet? Im heard it VFM...

I own a zenith...apart from heating issues....it has been most problem free laptop compared to DELLs and HPs and Sonys. Great Brands doesn't always mean great quality

Cheers

Over heating is a problem with Lappy which has a discrete graphics card, be it any brand. Therefore, you should look for lappy which has best integrated graphics and not graphic card. Obviously none other than ATI. Here is one for you Dell Inspiron M501R. It has AMD Phenom II X3 Procy, 880 chipset and ATI 550V (4250) integrated graphic. This is miles ahead of intel based laptops and 10-12000 less than intel models costs. There are models from HP too i.e. HP ProBook 4325s/4425s/4525s series etc.

premsharma695 said:
Over heating is a problem with Lappy which has a discrete graphics card, Here is one for you Dell Inspiron M501R. It has AMD Phenom II X3 Procy, 880 chipset and ATI 550V (4250) integrated graphic. This is miles ahead of intel based laptops and 10-12000 less than intel models costs. There are models from HP too i.e. HP ProBook 4325s/4425s/4525s series etc.

Any benchmarks or reviews about AMD Phenom II X3 processor/880 Chipset Laptops?

Do you really believe in bench marking??? Most of them are paid bench marks to boast of performance over opponents. You can find plenty of them on googling. By the way phenom II X3 nad 880 chipsets are old and had been already bench marked. The new thing is that HP, Dell, Sony etc are forced to sell amd powered laptops now, because Intel was caught paying Dell for deliberating not selling AMD laptops or badly configuring them.

If anything you want to benchmark, it the IGP Intel HD4500 Vs ATI HD 4250 (HD 550V) and price. Processor etc do not make difference because both are offering dual, Tri, quad & six cores. Processors are more or less equal in performance but in cost to performance ratio, AMD is better.

Back