Laptop for around 30k

What does "Dell Exclusive store" mean ? How are they different from other shops ?

There is "dell exclusive store" in Lamington , is it safe to purchase from their ? or will it be cheaper to purchase from a dealer?

I got a quote for Asus model

Specs

2nd gen i5 2410

4gb ram

500gb hdd

1.5gb GT540M graphic card

15.6 "

Price : 36k and for 2nd gen i5 2430 processor , he quoted 38.5k.

They (Mccann infosys) told me they are authorized dealers of Asus.

I'm confused whether to go for 2430 or 2410 , googling it now.

-=CyANid3=- said:
I got a quote for Asus model
Specs
2nd gen i5 2410
4gb ram
500gb hdd
1.5gb GT540M graphic card
15.6 "

Price : 36k and for 2nd gen i5 2430 processor , he quoted 38.5k.

They (Mccann infosys) told me they are authorized dealers of Asus.

I'm confused whether to go for 2430 or 2410 , googling it now.
Not much..a user probably would never know the diff.
Looks like the newer versions bump the Cpu speed/turbo up by a wopping 100 MHz and also jump the igp up a 100 Mhz. Here is the I5 (for I3 just google).
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core [...] 2430M.html
Compare Intel® Products

Intel Offer (on all Intel desktops & laptops)- a free broadband connection, a 15page website & 10 business IDs:
http://www.metasocial.in/get-smart/

Thank you for the links.If he gives some concession on 2430 , then only I'll purchase it else I'll go with 2410.

One more question , what are the different types of keyboard available in laptops and which one is most preferred ? Sorry , but I'm a noob :ashamed:

mods,

please delete this post. My thread got posted.

As this was the first time I was posting here, I got a bit confused. Sorry for that

And what about bill / warranty etc ?? Its same as purchasing from a shop ??

Sorry , but I've never purchased from flipkart :|

Also , what about goodies ??

HP ProBook 4430s( With Integrated HP Fingerprint Sensor) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Dell Vostro 1450 2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 320GB Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

Check out the special offer that is mentioned for each laptop model. Laptop bag, free anti virus subscription, mouse etc... will be offered based on the model. If nothing is mentioned then no goodies is offered and only the laptop will be delivered. Flipkart also gives you in-transit insurance which means any damage during the shipment is insured.

Ever purchased anything online or your first ever online purchase?

Obviously they will give you a vat paid bill and warranty policy is also mentioned in the page itself. The duration, onsite or carry-in differs varying upon the brand and is clearly stated there. So if onsite you have to call your manufacturer support line and if carry in then take it yourself to the nearest service center. Pretty straightforward as you would be buy from a shop.

But if you are still apprehensive you can choose the COD route or just go to the nearby retailer and get one.

Well , I've n't purchased anything online before.Thank you detailed response.

I'm thinking of purchasing Asus K53SV-SX520D , it says "Free Bag" only. Cost is 38K.

I had inquired in Asus "exclusive" store , they told me its 39.5k with few goodies like screen cleaner, bag etc.

Also, I tried to find retailer shop's for Asus but couldn't find one in Mumbai (except one in Lamington). I had emailed Asus helpline to give me retailer list , but they didn't reply yet .

I'm confused whether to purchase from Exclusive store, Flipkart or from retailer shop (which are yet unknown :| )

Back