Laptops Laptop for around 50k

karthikrg

Disciple
Hey,
I am on the lookout for a laptop for around 50k.. I saw a Studio 15 machine with P8400 C2D proccy, 3GB RAM, HD3450M Gfx and 320GB HDD with WLED screen for 50k at the dell india site.

a) How long will dell take to deliver this lappy? <I am going out of station soon and need this lappy within 2 weeks>(I stay at Chennai)

b) Does anyone own a Studio 15 here and have any complaints with the laptop?

c) Is the backlit keyboard option worth it for the extra 1.5k?

d) How about the Studio 17/XPS M1530?

If you can suggest a better laptop for this price (maybe max 55-56k), please do.. My primary usage will be multimedia, office work and internet browsing (maybe casual gaming).. BT, webcam and mic are a must for me..

I read somewhere in this forum about calling dell reps and negotiating with them for a better price and misc. options like No OS etc. Infact I would prefer no OS coz I happen to have a licensed copy of Vista Business.. (As long as Dell ships the drivers its k :) ).. how to go about this? can anyone pass me the rep's numbers please...

karthikrg said:
I read somewhere in this forum about calling dell reps and negotiating with them for a better price and misc. options like No OS etc. Infact I would prefer no OS coz I happen to have a licensed copy of Vista Business.. (As long as Dell ships the drivers its k :) ).. how to go about this? can anyone pass me the rep's numbers please...

Studio 15 isnt available without OS. But even with your use, I dont see teh need for a 50k laptop :p

Just pick up a basic lappy? :)

karthikrg said:
How abt the hp dv5t or the dell xps 1530M? how do they fare?

Dell XPS 1530: (nVidia 8600)

Well,if your able to negotiate the price down to 56k after configuring it to your preference,then go ahead...

Web Price : 58.9k (pre-configured!) excluding tax & delivery

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Hp dv5t: (nVidia 9600)

A great device ! Worth considering at the right price...

HP® Official Store &mdash; Buy an HP Pavilion dv5 and dv5t series notebook PC from HP

Both are really good but the hp has a slight edge over the xps as far as looks & multimedia are concerned..

how much is the HP with 9600 for? I have heard HP's have heating problems... and will I be able to get the Dell down to 56k? i got a quote of 60k from a dell rep including taxes and delivery with no changes to the configuration apart from upgrading the HDD to 7200 rpm (+Rs 859).

karthikrg said:
how much is the HP with 9600 for? I have heard HP's have heating problems... and will I be able to get the Dell down to 56k? i got a quote of 60k from a dell rep including taxes and delivery with no changes to the configuration apart from upgrading the HDD to 7200 rpm (+Rs 859).

The HP around 63k. I havent heard of any heating problems as such.

karthikrg said:

The laptop does not heat up a lot except for due to 9600GT which tend to heat up more than the CPU itself... The fan provided with DV5-t is ~70mm & with good amount of intake fan grill unlike most laptops with smaller intake...

Back