Budget 31-40k Laptop for casual usage

• What's your Budget? Want to keep it under 40k if possible.
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Browsing and watching Media (youtube/movies etc)
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? Doesnt matter, portability isnt a requirement since it will never leave the house. Neither is battery back up critical.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Known brands preferable.
  • Any other considerations? USB C charging would be great. IPS panel is pretty much required, all TN panels I have seen on laptops are terrible.
My main questions are -

1 Is it worth considering buying used? I am in Delhi, practically next door to Nehru Place (if you know any trusted sellers, please drop a recommendation). And if it is worth buying used, what should I be aiming at (as in, is an i5 8th gen considered too old)?

Or is my usage and budget means I should just get something new (since performance isnt really an issue and I am ok spending 30-40k).

2 I am primarily looking at i3 which seems to fit in my budget (and maybe the odd i5). Is it worth considering AMD as an alternative for my use case?

3 Who would give me the best bang for buck display in that price range?

4 Do you get a better deal than Amazon/Flipkart if you go to a brands showroom in Nehru place?

If main use is media consumption, I would recommend getting a Xiaomi Pad 6 or something similar.

You can buy 12th gen i3 laptops for 35k ish - https://www.amazon.in/Acer-i3-1215U-Premium-Windows-AL15-52/dp/B0CM6GVR56 is an acer option, but every laptop maker will have a similar configuration available.

Don't buy any laptop older than 12th generation in my opinion - 11th gen i3 has 2 cores with hyper threading, as compared to 12th gen i3 which has 2 performance cores (with hyper threading) and 4-8 efficiency cores (depending on the CPU model). The efficiency cores perform similar to 7th gen laptop, and the heavier cores can take up any of the bigger loads.

Back