Budget 41-50k laptop for mechanical engineering student work/play

Apporv

Recruit
laptop under 50k for mechanical engg student work/play
1) What is your budget? (INR)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
engineering simulation softwares (Autocad,Solidworks,Ansys),gaming(somewhere between moderate & high ;))
web browsing(youtube,meme websites :p),watching movies

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
minimum: i5 processor,8 GB ram,1TB , but if you think something else will suit me more,no need to stick to this as I don't have too much knowledge about this stuff

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
don't have any preferences as I don't know much about this stuff, would be nice to have more warranty,if possible mention pros and cons of the brand suggested (so that I know what I'm getting into)

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Screen resolution (1080p (Full HD) as I'm going to watch movies on this
Battery back up ( cant decide, I'm mostly close to a power socket so i can go for 3-4 hours but would be better to have the option of 5-7)
would be nice if it is rugged, but not essential
try for future proof as wont be able to buy anything else after this
also since this is my first laptop i dont know about this,can laptops run on direct power, if yes should they? need to know this to decide the battery question as i mostly run my workstations for long duration and a battery wouldn't be able to do that while being put through continuous charge cycles(it'd die out pretty soon)
sorry if im confusing you with stuff that sounds contradictory
help this newbie out :):) thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Dell Inspiron 5559 Y566509HIN9 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5-6200U/8GB/1TB/Windows 10 Home/2GB Graphics)
comes for around 50k at Amazon .

Back