Budget 21-30k laptop for multimedia

hey all,

So my frnd is out for hunting a lap and she has asked fr my help and i gladly acceded to it in return fr a treat :yahoo:as i knw i can bank upon my techenclavians anytime.:lol:
  • What's your Budget? strictly under 30k.
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? websurfing and Watching Full HD movies.
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? Movies is priority so i guess 15.6 will do but can look for other options if overall package is tempting.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? None as such as long as A.S.S is grt.
  • Any other considerations? grt display and sound quality is must. Good keyboard would add to luxury. :)

Thanks all. :)

Websurfing and watching FullHD movies can be done on AMD E450 also ;)
yup, according to your requirements this is fine but its last gen APU. 2nd gen APU laptops with A4/A6 should get launched in a months time. But for your work both will do. But remember A4 can only match Pentium Dual core but can be overclocked easily (even in a lappy).

Websurfing and watching FullHD movies can be done on AMD E450 also ;)
yup, according to your requirements this is fine but its last gen APU. 2nd gen APU laptops with A4/A6 should get launched in a months time. But for your work both will do. But remember A4 can only match Pentium Dual core but can be overclocked easily (even in a lappy).

Also will there be any problems with the installation of drivers or anything as such ?? ( i am total noob in this ) And i have a dual core lap and blu ray rips kind of stutter in my lap so i dont want tht thing so will this be fine ?

What do u suggest, shud i wait fr A4/A6 ? Will they be under my budget ?

Also will there be any problems with the installation of drivers or anything as such ?? ( i am total noob in this ) And i have a dual core lap and blu ray rips kind of stutter in my lap so i dont want tht thing so will this be fine ?

What do u suggest, shud i wait fr A4/A6 ? Will they be under my budget ?

2nd gen A4/A6 are dual core and will be easily in your budget. But instead of waiting you cam go for the one you have listed (if you want Windows 7) or the one i gave (no Windows).

If its the first gen Pentium Dual core, then maybe it is a driver problem or Intel X4500 isn't powerful enough to handle blueray rips. Drivers are usually provided with laptop and in case of AMD, just grab the latest Catalyst driver and install. No need to keep using samsung's outdated drivers.

Back