Laptop for office use

el33t

Adept
Hi this requiremnet is for one of my female friend.

Her requirements:

Budget: 60-65K
HDD: 80 GB or 60 GB + portable USB 20 GB HDD
RAM: 512 MB
Light weight: female ;)
Battery charge: as more as possible.

Brand: Acer, HP/Compaq

Laptop Usage: Mostly for office work running M$ products and also for software testing (Software developer). sometime music but NO gaming strictly

TIA
Regards.

^^I think it is available in India and might fit in your budget as well. Acers are good too but might be slightly bulky.

Look for the Compaq B1800 series...Very light & Small...less than 2 Kg, and extre,extremely stylish looking too (Female buyer, right?) ;) )

Should come for arnd 60-65K

The V2000 is fairly good, I am suing one and quite happy with it...Decent build, light weight and has a nice bright and wide screen and the poricing is also very good..You'll get a very decent config for ~45K...Can't beat the Value you get on the V2000...

The V2000Z is the AMD sempron/Turion based verion of the same laptop.....

@Chaos...Now I can't even trash the AMD lappies having picked one up myself :p

j/k

Bear in mind though that the V2000Z will give you a somewhat lower battery life than the V2000s (Dothan P-M/C-M based)

BTW Compaq had got a nice dealership /support network in India...You could pick one up in Muzaffarpur if you wanted ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The turion would have slightly lower battery life than the pentium m but definitely more than the celery cos the celery cant clock itself lower.

superczar said:
Look for the Compaq B1800 series...Very light & Small...less than 2 Kg, and extre,extremely stylish looking too (Female buyer, right?) ;) )
Should come for arnd 60-65K

oh thats really kool :) and perfect lappy for her. hopefully its avail in pune coz its real urgent...

Regards.

If it is available in India, they will almost certainly have it.

the B1800 is A-Pac specific model and is pretty much availablle in India..I saw it at the local compaq store near my house in Chennai

I've a V2000 model frm Compaq, itz one among the best u could get at this price ...

The V2000 is a great model, fairly light & well priced, but since tihs lady needs a really think & light notebook, the B1800 prolly servers her nees better

superczar said:
the B1800 is A-Pac specific model and is pretty much availablle in India..I saw it at the local compaq store near my house in Chennai

yup got the Compaq B1822 model for 64K with 512 MB RAM and a free IBM optical mouse. It suits the female hands and is very lighweight. thanks :)

@KK

got it from the same dealer where i bought my Acer 4600, Compuciti @ JM Road. I just now checked your post too late. But we do often purchase PC's for our company. Just tommorow i'm going to place an order for brand new PC's so any good dealer in Pune. DCC (distributor) or G.J Ghaisas (retailer) ??

Currently our dealer is that jack a$$ Logitech ad Fourtech.

Also we enquired about LCD's in compuciti and he is quoting a price of 15K for Samsung 17" LCD.

Well, DCC (JM rd)is a distri, and they may give you other problems (they wouldn't accept a check from me cos I was buying just one laptop), but they were cheaper than anyone else (for ALL laptops).

GJ Ghaisas (JM Rd), is a retailer for Compaq, may not always be the cheapest, but he is the most famous Compaq guy around here.

You can try Sujata, they are pricey (somewhat), but always have the latest stuff, at least in terms of mobos and proccies (or at least they used to). Plus, their salespersons actually know something about what they are selling. Not much, but still, much more than most of the idiots around here. You should ask Apollyon about them, he lives very near that shop, and goes there a lot.

I buy my stuff from Pride Computers, on MG rd (actually, it is on the road behind East street post office, on the same rd as Videotron ), who has the cheapest prices for most stuff of any of the retailers I need, but he of course sells assemble stuff. Of course the prices are above Lammy, on things like HDD and UPS which cost about 3.5k in Compuciti MG Rd, he gave them to me for 3.1-3.2k. I don't know where you canget Samsung LCDs unfortunately, unless maybe one of these dudes (Pride, DCC) stocks it. I can give you pride computers phone no. if you want. Check your PM

Back