Budget 51-70k Laptop for Virtualization and hadoop

chicha

Recruit
Hi,

I need a laptop with 16GB memory and 1TB HDD. I will be using it to run a small VM 8 node cluster (all running linux) and will do a lot of data transfer between them ( through Hadoop ). There is a Dell 15 7000 series laptop but that has touch screen which I don't need. Is there any laptop that doesn't have this feature? I am sure I will be paying at least 3-5K just for a feature I don't need.

OR

If there is a good laptop with 8GB config which can be upgraded to 16GB that will be good too, as I guess it might be cheaper this way.

What I can do away with, Touch screen, looks, SSD drives and Apple, preinstalled windows (any version)
what I can NOT do away with Solid performance, decent battery life(3-4 hours of VM stuff), after sales support and reliability.

Brands I trust Dell
Brands I had problems with HP, Lenovo
Brands I haven't tried Asus

OR

The best thing would be if I could somehow rent a laptop for a month or two. I stay in Bangalore but will be going travelling between Hyd and Blr. I could pick it up from any one who is renting laptops from either Blr or Hyd.

I tried google and just dial for renting. No one in Blr is renting laptops with 16gigs. Haven't tried Hyd.

Let me know if any other information is required.

I'm also in the same boat. Looking for a VM machine. If you can source a system from dubai then i can suggest you to pick up Hp Envy. loaded with i7 processor, 16 GB Ram and 1 TB hdd under 50k.

@Dont think its a wise idea to pay 4.5k for a laptop per month. You will end your paying the laptops price in a years rent..
I'm not sure how the international warranty works in case of HP. couple of months back i bought a lenovo i5 laptop from dubai for 24k. In india it was priced north of 40k. I read online that Lenovo does provide international warranty but not sure weather their indian arm will honor it. Since price difference was too huge, i did not bother much regarding warranty.

yes, over a period of 1 year it does make sense to buy rather than rent, but I might need it for few months. Also I might be now inclining towards buying a new one itself. Or check if I get a good deal on used laptop.

Back