Budget 71-90K Laptop for work

ak56u

Disciple
I need a laptop for mostly work (excel, autocad, word). I do not perform renderings on my laptop. It should be 15" or less and preferably light with a good battery life and speed. I am currently using dell i3 which is very slow in my opinion. Budget is less than 90k. I do not mind spending around 50-60k also if I get something that meets my requirements. Kindly suggest and help!

Thank you for your reply. Are there any good options in the range of 90-100k meeting my requirements and with a better build quality?

Last edited by a moderator:
You want speed, battery life and light weight...what's most important to you?
Battery life and minimal weight...there are options...but not speed...

You want speed, battery life and light weight...what's most important to you?
Battery life and minimal weight...there are options...but not speed...

I am a desktop guy tbh and that is why this is confusing for me.
I want a slim laptop that has a good battery life and speed. Weight I can manage but the lighter the better. Budget is not strict. I do not mind shelling out 20-30k more if I am getting good bang for my buck.

No Macs right? Please don't overspend for minimal performance boost in a thin laptop. All of them will throttle if you're into benchmarking and stuff.

Just get any decent Ryzen ( whatever is the latest) or 10th/11th gen core i5 with minimum 16GB of memory in a solid chasis ( most good ones come with 3 year warranty by default...anything with standard 1 year..look closely / research online for faults)
Personally I will never buy hp but everything else including Acer ( not the Swift 3 ofcourse, it can't take serious abuse) is fine by me.
And please don't buy Huawei laptops, they look and feel great, but can't take minimal abuse ( despite tall claims)...or **** everything, get a ThinkPad X / T series.
I got the latest XPS 13 for work, for me it's no better than my old Gram..maybe a hair faster..but with no ports ( of course usb C is there)
I absolutely hate these macbook wannabes.

Should I go with Intel or amd? Which processor in either would be ideal?

Intel 11th gen (core i5 or above) or Ryzen 4000 series (4500u or above) - both are good. If you want sth cheaper, look at -

Thank you for your reply. Are there any good options in the range of 90-100k meeting my requirements and with a better build quality?
You really don't need to spend more considering your requirements and the fact that the Swift 3 has a very nice metal build. If you must, navigate to 'Ultrabooks' from the Recommendations menu on that page.

I'd recommend waiting for 11th Gen if you are decided on Gram.
Any idea when it will be available in India??
Also, I even liked Zephyrus G14. I know it's not a work laptop, but it did fit my bag and wasn't that heavy. Any thoughts on Zephyrus as compared to Gram?

Nope. 10th Gen 15 inches is available for 73k.
Isn't little overpriced? It's a fine laptop ( I am using the 8th gen i5 one) for my usage..but I have the 14 inch one... shockingly light and very good battery life ( which hasn't degraded much in 1 year) and very tough ( despite the screen flex)
Cons: speakers are pretty weak.
Possibly throttles under sustained load ( never really noticed anything during my usage..but I don't game or use graphics intensive work...lots of mixing mastering stuff though)
The onboard audio chip is decent enough..no humming/ distortion with sensitive IEMs.
Nope. 10th Gen 15 inches is available for 73k.
Isn't little overpriced? It's a fine laptop ( I am using the 8th gen i5 one) for my usage..but I have the 14 inch one... shockingly light and very good battery life ( which hasn't degraded much in 1 year) and very tough ( despite the screen flex)
Possibly throttles under sustained load ( never really noticed anything during my usage..but I don't game or use graphics intensive work...lots of mixing mastering stuff though)
The onboard audio chip is decent enough..no humming/ distortion with sensitive IEMs.

Thanks for the review. Will take it into consideration and probably wait for 11th Generation if I decide to go with Gram
Any idea when it will be available in India though?

Last edited:
I'd recommend waiting for 11th Gen if you are decided on Gram.
That's gonna cost a bomb..LG is selling this pretty well and slowly increasing the price even in Europe.
After sales service for Gram is extremely good.
It's possibly the easiest ultrabook for upgrading memory and SSD, I bought it India ( offline) and upgraded the both in the store itself.
I was coming from 10 years of only Mac, no major disappointment.

That's gonna cost a bomb..LG is selling this pretty well and slowly increasing the price even in Europe.
After sales service for Gram is extremely good.
It's possibly the easiest ultrabook for upgrading memory and SSD, I bought it India ( offline) and upgraded the both in the store itself.
I was coming from 10 years of only Mac, no major disappointment.
What would be the approx launch price of 11 gen(14 inches) in India??

Back