Budget 31-40k Laptop from Singapore

avi

Skilled
Someone I know is coming from Singapore in few days. Please suggest a good laptop with budget at max 35K INR. [It'd be a nice if there is good amount of saving considering the trouble they have to take]

Requirements :
-Should play 1080p videos flawlessly
-NO gaming
-Good battery back up
-Should be good looking & less weight[very important]

Not needed :
-High CPU
-Graphic Card
-More than 2GB RAM

What's your Budget? : Max 35K INR, can be adjusted little more
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? : Web surfing, Office apps, 1080p movies, NO Gaming
What size and weight considerations do you have? : 13-14" should do.
Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? : NO Acer, No Samsung
Any other considerations? : Good Battery Life

Can I get those sexy ultraportables in this budget ?

Singapore has 8% GST so there will be no worthwhile savings, so forget it. And like you mentioned think of the trouble they will have to go through.

If you DO have to get something, get something that is NOT available here, like a nice bottle of some exotic whisky. Well if they are not carrying any for themselves.

Wow, I thought electronic stuff in SGP always cheaper :(

It is cheaper, but there is not much difference at the lower levels, maybe 2-3k at the most, and then what if the stupid customs decides to get in the way ? and like you mentioned the trouble they will have to go to. In Singapore to and fro in taxi will be MINIMUM Rs 600 - and could go to more then 1500 all depending which time of the day and where. Oh yes, the warranty (unless its international).

If you plan on buying a 1.00L Notebook by all means go for it, else, its trouble over nothing. Get something that is not available here, THAT is definitely priceless

- - - Updated - - -

This list contains updated prices of notebooks, you can check if they are cheaper.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/priceLists#pl-417

That is a good list, useful for all. Thank you for it.

Prices are almost same with 2-3k difference. Have decided to buy it from India only.

Currently HS18 has 2000INR off Laptops above 20K INR.

What do you guys say about HP Pavilion 14-b012AU ? After coupon it comes down to 23,500 INR. It has :

AMD E1-1200 1.9Ghz
Windows 8
2gb RAM
500GB HDD
AMD Radeon HD 7310

I am looking for a laptop which is less than 2Kgs. 13" screen would be killer. Budget is not more than 30k.

Thank you all for replying !

I know that your usage is not that heavy but trust me Windows 8 will crawl with 2GB RAM.
I would also recommend that you should try to get something like a B960 processor. This processor is miles ahead of that AMD proc. These days descent amount of horsepower is needed even for browsing and you don't want to feel the need of horsepower after 1-2 yr.

I know that your usage is not that heavy but trust me Windows 8 will crawl with 2GB RAM.
I would also recommend that you should try to get something like a B960 processor. This processor is miles ahead of that AMD proc. These days descent amount of horsepower is needed even for browsing and you don't want to feel the need of horsepower after 1-2 yr.
Which laptop ?

btw Win8 isn't necessary at all. Better install Win7 with 2Gb Ram

But why ? It runs totally fine
Once you install antivirus and some apps like office, it crawls. Dude RAM is the cheapest upgrade to increase performance, A 2GB RAM stick will cost something like 750 bucks, Why are you so reluctant?
My mom has HP 430 which has a B960 proc with 2GB RAM. It is sluggish whereas my laptop with same config literally flies with 6GB RAM.
Maybe you are not taking into account that these laptops don't have dedicated memory for GPU. they share from RAM. Intel HD 3000 can share upto 1750MB if required.

- - - Updated - - -

Go with this http://www.flipkart.com/asus-x55c-sx078d-laptop-2nd-gen-pdc-2gb-500gb-dos/p/itmdhfz3fgywmhfs?pid=COMDHFZFEHANUHPA&ref=7d8653a7-e888-4ae5-9788-fef7e3135974
it has B980 proc which is the best you can get in this budget.

Laptops less than 2kg are very less and costlier too. Usually Samsung laptops are much lighter as compared to other laptops, check them out.

If you really want something light weight, then there's Asus U32U with weight of just ~1.7kg, and stunningly beautiful, but again with E-450. That too at 26k, which gives an idea, that portability costs much more than performance.

So it basically boils down to your priority of either performance or portability.

But why ? It runs totally fine

Adding to what satan194p said, I'll give you an example. One I was opening a 10k by 13k resolution pic in my two laptops. One with i5 + 4GB, and another with E-450 + 6GB. Former hanged for 1 min before opening it, but latter opened it swiftly.

Also if you open a folder with big size, i.e. in the ranges of several GBs, opening it will take a lot lot time.

Laptops less than 2kg are very less and costlier too. Usually Samsung laptops are much lighter as compared to other laptops, check them out.

If you really want something light weight, then there's Asus U32U with weight of just ~1.7kg, and stunningly beautiful, but again with E-450. That too at 26k, which gives an idea, that portability costs much more than performance.

So it basically boils down to your priority of either performance or portability.
Wow, that's so beautiful ! Now it's on my top list & it has exactly what I want !

13.3"
1.75Kg

But it's not available in HS18 :( I will ask local prices here.

and for me, portability > performance.

Wow, that's so beautiful ! Now it's on my top list & it has exactly what I want !

13.3"
1.75Kg

But it's not available in HS18 :( I will ask local prices here.

and for me, portability > performance.

I own it too, and drool over it whenever I see it ;)

You will have a hard time in finding it. when I purchased it 9 months back, only flipkart had it all over web, no signs of local availability. Wish you good luck.

Back