Laptop From US (i7, under 7 pounds, Dedicated GFX) Budget $1300-1350

dafreaking

Skilled
As the title says, looking for a Laptop which will be purchased from the US.

Must have ( a minimum of):

1. i7 - 720QM
2. 4 GB RAM
3. 500gb 7200 rpm HDD
4. Mid-Range integrated gfx
5. 9 Cell Battery
6. Weigh under 7 pounds
7. Screen not larger than 16.4" with a minimum resolution of 1600*900
8. Warranty in INDIA:bleh:

TIA

So are you gonna buy the laptop in US and then bring it to India or are you in India right now and are gonna order it from the states?

Your only bet at that range will be Asus G73 ( i7 + 5870 ) and Asus provides global warranty. There is HP ENVY 17 as well with much better build quality, looks, aesthetics etc but will overshoot your budget unless you use some coupons or BCB. I've mailed HP India about the availability of the same in India and yet to get a reply. :no:

Afaik, almost all companies sell you international warranty, but if you are purchasing from US , Uk or any first world country the default warranty that they give you is regional, but if you purchase it from any second or third world country the warranty the default warranty is international.

Atleast thats how Dell is, idk about the rest....

raj404 said:
Afaik, almost all companies sell you international warranty, but if you are purchasing from US , Uk or any first world country the default warranty that they give you is regional, but if you purchase it from any second or third world country the warranty the default warranty is international.

Atleast thats how Dell is, idk about the rest....
Just FYI, Apple provides worldwide warranty on all Mac notebooks regardless of their original place of purchase.:)

Was considering the Vaio F series, Dell Studio XPS 16, Asus G51-a1 and an Msi laptop, forget which one ATM.

I've sorta made up my mind on the Dell Studio XPS 16. I hope the warranty is covered here!!

Typing from the iPad :bleh: so will give the link once home.

The default warranty on any Dell system bought from the states is always regional specific to the North American Area, so better purchase added international warranty on it during the sale.

raj404 said:
The default warranty on any Dell system bought from the states is always regional specific to the North American Area, so better purchase added international warranty on it during the sale.
Do you know How/Where can I purchase international warranty?

I got my dell laptop from US and didnt had to buy any international warranty. My friend got it from US and i just transferred it in my name here from their website. Thats all i had to do. You can confirm once by calling their call center.

My friend had Dell studio XPS 13" and he had to sell it at a throwaway price coz of heating problem..there is a problem in the laptops structure as when u open the laptop, the screen blocks the hot air outlet....

Hp Service in India sucks ass.....I would prefer any Asus as i have been using one from past 1.6 years and all the Asus models come with 2 years Global Warranty

aayushjoshi said:
I got my dell laptop from US and didnt had to buy any international warranty. My friend got it from US and i just transferred it in my name here from their website. Thats all i had to do. You can confirm once by calling their call center.
I work for the Dell and you had just gotten the laptop tag transferred, the warranty still remains regional.
Only in special cases when you purchase the system from the US does Dell give away default international warranty.

I would suggest you to go to Dell's support website and check if the warranty on the system is Next Business Day or some other warranty.Because only nbd warranty is international rest all are region specific.

raj404 said:
I work for the Dell and you had just gotten the laptop tag transferred, the warranty still remains regional.
Only in special cases when you purchase the system from the US does Dell give away default international warranty.

I would suggest you to go to Dell's support website and check if the warranty on the system is Next Business Day or some other warranty.Because only nbd warranty is international rest all are region specific.
I spoke to customer care yesterday and she said that if it has Next Business Day warranty I can transfer it. I cannot transfer basic warranty.

I am considering purchasing this from India, but the price (73,900) is too high. Need to figure out a good discount from somewhere. Any DELL employees wanna help me out? :p

silverbyte said:
HP Envy 14.5 has a 1600X900 screen, 4GB RAM(16 GB max !!), 5650 and i7 options.

It is gonna be priced at $999 - looks good to me !
the base model @$999 has 768 screen+i5+450m

Back