laptop(hp pavillion + some changes)suggestions plzz??

vtrips

Disciple
i m getting one lappy....by the end of this month...so now...i m trying to get a suitable specification.i went to www.hp.com took...hp pavillion notebook as base...and changed specs according 2 me.....

*Operating System Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Media Center Edition
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processor T2500 (2.0 GHz)
Display 17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Wide Viewing (1680x1050)
Graphics Card 128MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7400
Memory 1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM (2x512MB)
Hard Drive 80 GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Primary CD/DVD Drive DVD+/-RW/R & CD-RW Combo w/Double Layer Support
Networking Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network w/Bluetooth
Primary Battery 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
*Productivity Software Microsoft(R) Works/Money

this thing is coming around 65K. so friends...is it okay....i mean...value for money or shud i go for any other......if somebody knows....plzzz let me know..thanks in advance.

star marked are there...by default.

thanks

stormblast said:
are u getting this price in india or abroad.

i am getting the dell inspiron 9400 from india for 86k

hii..i m getting it ..from india. ve u changed any specs in ur dell lappy or by default one...is 86k.let me know.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, HP/Compaq and IBM (maybe acer too) are the only laptop manufacturers who price their products almost at par with their US pricing..Dell, Toshiba etc. typically hugely inflate their indian prices....which is why IMHO, if buying in India, it makes a lot of sense to buy HP/Compaq or IBM

hmmm as i m getting it from net...price is same all over india.i think u ll find more hp service centers also in india.so i thought of getting from hp.

umm where are you getting that config m8.. well if thats the rate for that config.. i am interested myself.. share the link :)

me too interested. cause now dell doesnt have the 7800go in stock & they too have the 7400go & your rig seems to be nice, link or phone would be helpful

dude vtrips this is not hpindia.
this is the usa site. i doubt u will get the same rate here.

the same config with a 1.66 dual core & 1gb ram 100gb etc costs around 80k here from hp.

that is y i had chosen dell cause the laptop finishing is great & inspiron is 1 of the most famous series.

stormblast said:
dude vtrips this is not hpindia.
this is the usa site. i doubt u will get the same rate here.

the same config with a 1.66 dual core & 1gb ram 100gb etc costs around 80k here from hp.

that is y i had chosen dell cause the laptop finishing is great & inspiron is 1 of the most famous series.
hi storm,

in tht site...first i selected the location...and changed the location to india..then i selected the option.hmmm i ve to chk again.i think.otherwise my dad is coming from greece..this month..so can ask him to get this.(if price is lower)

Back