Laptop in 30k ~ 35k for a Girl

Tech33

Disciple
Hi All

One of my female friend will be going to France in coming month and she wants to carry a Laptop within 30k ~ 35k before going out there.

Her requirements :-
Budget 30 ~ 35k
Screen Size 14inch
Good After sales a Must ( International Preferred )!! :cool2:
Good Looks also :eek:hyeah:
Light Weight
Brand: Sony or Dell ;)

Plz suggest the best laptops considering above requirements and also keeping in mind that she will take it to France for at least 8 months :)
Regards
Tech33

SONY VPCEA31EN/BI NEW MRP 32,990/-

Intel Pentium P6100(2.0),320 GB,2 GB DDR3 SDRAM,Intel HD Graphics,BT,CAM,Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit,2.35 Kg, Quick Web Access,
HDMI Out, eSATA,1 yr Intl

It could be a very nice option Dude ...

The dell doesn't have much feminine appeal. Whereas the E series has a lot of feminine appeal. Plus it runs cool and quiet unlike Dell. And all VAIO models come with Free 1 year International warranty by default.

babu.mohan10 said:
The dell doesn't have much feminine appeal. Whereas the E series has a lot of feminine appeal. Plus it runs cool and quiet unlike Dell. And all VAIO models come with Free 1 year International warranty by default.
That's correct only one thing that is distracting me from sony is its after sales support i know dell has good support i m also having dell latitude at my home but i am unsure of sony plz put some light on sony support

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Sony support is very good indeed ( and I am speaking from personal experience :) ) And your friend does not need to worry as international warranty is already included with the machine.

Thanks for all the inputs i am interested in SONY but she is more concerned about Onsite Warranty so we will have to go for DELL.

Regards

Tech33

Tech33 said:
Thanks for all the inputs i am interested in SONY but she is more concerned about Onsite Warranty so we will have to go for DELL.

Regards

Tech33
Ok. But do confirm with Dell if you are getting International warranty or not. With Sony you get it by default, I am not too sure if it is the same with Dell. I saw only 1 year domestic cover mentioned on the Inspiron 14R page.

And Sony also offers Onsite warranty in all the major cities.

Complete Cover is region specific (Asia Pacific) IINM since it is a kind of insurance. But basic warranty cover is International. You have to just fill a form to transfer the region! Though you can confirm this with the sales person of Dell. They have a free BSNL/MTNL toll no. too.

Back