Laptop in 50k for CAD softwares....

devesh38

Adept
hey guys

I am looking to purchase a new laptop. I am planning to use the same for following application:-

- Progarmming ( C, Matlab, ..etc)
- Reading e-books, thesis papers..etc
- CAD softwares(Unigraphics, Autocad, Solid Works..etc)
- Internet, download and surfing
- Movies and games
- videos games
..etc
please suggest me configuration for my use?
Budget: around 50,000
EDIT : for CAD software i have heard that quadro graphics cards are best.... is there any laptop based on that.......??
i have heard of Dell Precision laptop which is meant for CAD applications, but it is way too expensive.......

I dont think you can get a nvidia Quadro based laptop in that price range, though you can go for Acer 5745G as it comes with i5 cpu+nvidia GT330m gpu and i have heard that CAD application makes use of the nvidia cuda. If you can do without a nvidia based laptop then you have many other options.

You are right, Quadro graphics are best.. But not compulsory...
I've used nvidia 7series for all graphics work..
I'm a CAD/CAM Professional & used nearly all the software (UGS, Catia, Vericut, Mastercam, edgecam, solidworks, autocad)

Graphics card will help a certain level in rendering, you wont find that much difference from a mid range to high range card..

Better invest in a high powered processor & min 8GB ram. That would be a great deal.
Moreover don't get a normal res monitor, get a full HD ones..

any more doubts, please get it clarified.

^ thanks to all.... i will have to research more in finding a better laptop in that range..... will be looking for better processors and decent graphics card......

Why don't you look at the Dell Vostro range. You get them now with i5 or i7 with a nvidia 330gt card which should be good enough for your CAD needs.

Back