laptop info needed::within 30k

MAGNeT

Skilled
well lot of lappy topic already goings on.......................but not hijacking somones topic.....
i get upto my needs........

needed one for reading ebooks............and watching movies preferable........
max range 30k......

hav no idea which one is good....but mor preferably go with acer ranges.........

r other brands good enough????

Then there are the compaq celeron-M based models....

The m2002 comes for 29K and the V23XX (X= something, chk the compaq india site) which is a widescreen (ideal for dvd movies for 33.5K)

Saw the acer model, looks ugly and the lcd brightness was ver low.

My friend got a hp laptop, celeron M, 512 mb ram, dvd rom, cd writer and wifi n a small mouse for 33k inc vat.

is there any life limit on laptops???also......while charger is on....for how much time continuously u can use it????

Not really...if u use it as a desktop, it'll last as long as a desktop would...However, Given the fact that laptops are much more prone to shocks & falls, an average laptop HDD would typically fail before a desktop HDD, same for the optical drive too....

bumping this topic......sorry
......i wish to buy it frm here...as i cant claim international warranty......(or the formalities involved in it).......
...my requirement..is lappy for reading ebooks,watching dvds,working on ram hungary s/w lik adobe photoshop cs,.net,etc

gaming is not important...but working on heavy s/w is required........

i guess the intel one with 512mb ram,60gb hdd,and dvd writer...will mak it easily pass beyond 60k........but i m tight on budget right now..........so was thinking to settle with amd one...as battery bakup is not important as mostly ill use it with charge on........

pls suggest config
for abt 30k

and one within 40k

main usage will b internet on lappy....+heavy s/w works.....+dvd watchin

magnet said:
i guess the intel one with 512mb ram,60gb hdd,and dvd writer...will mak it easily pass beyond 60k........but i m tight on budget right now..........so was thinking to settle with amd one...as battery bakup is not important as mostly ill use it with charge on........

Nope the above wont even pass the 50K mark....

Well for the things you can accept in a laptop... dvd writer, wide-screen, bright TFT, low battery-backup, decent performance... are all there in the acer aspire3003.. it would be 35K.

hey wht do i need to connect it with net...mostly ill use net via my cable net........do i need a lan card or different device for lappy??...also...bluetooth dongle is enough to connect it to net via mobile???..also r the amd one shockproof???lik its mention for intel on acer site???

Back