3. can handle few programming / gaming sometime
  4. battery should be good
  5. their should be less heating
  6. operated under Indian summer and dusty weather
  7. graphics / sound should be good
  8. some extended warranty will be good
i need advice before i rush to order!

thanks

In your place, I would check out the Lenovo T series laptop. T420/430 etc. I used one for work and it really take up abuse pretty well.
I run it around 12 hours a day and temperature is pretty reasonable. Sound though, I feel is below par.

The Thinkpad x220 (if you are a thinkpad purist) with intel second gen sandy bridge cpus or the x230 with intel third gen cpus. It has everything that the T series has and it has an IPS panel option and a phenomenal runtime of 24 hours continuously if you use the 9 cell battery with a 19 cell slice battery(ultrabase3)

My x220 bought in dec 2011 is loaded to the gills with the following config :-
i7 2620|16gb ddr3 gskill 1333mhz|Msata ssd 64 GB (OS)|wd500lpvt 500gb hdd|12.5" display @ 1366x768 + 720p webcam|9 cell battery|win 7 pro 64 bit
I am on tour 15-20 days in a month and the x220 has been manhandled at airports across the country. I use it as my office laptop (rejected the dell my company gave me). It lasts me 8-9 hours on a single charge with no battery saving options enabled after 18 months since its purchase. it has the best keyboard of any laptop ever made. I have had 2 massive bike accidents and numerous tiny ones and the laptop is unscathed. It is by far the best gadget I have ever owned or will probably own since lenovo ruined the design of the thinkpad with the x230.
I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

My name is Nitika and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

You may choose from the below link as per your requirement and specification.

http://bit.ly/158iyCL

Please reply on the post if any further assistance is required.
I shall be glad to assist you further.
We would recommend you do not post your private information on a public forum.

Thanks & Regards
Dell_Nitika_K
Dell Social Media Responder

Back