Budget 0-20k Laptop prices USA and India which one is good in

Skyh3ck

Adept
Hello what are difference between laptop prices in usa and India.

I guess usa has cheaper prices than India for laptop and computer parts.

Also where can I get cheap used laptop and pc parts in usa and carry with luggage

Is it good idea to buy laptop, computer parts or used gaming console in usa please suggest..

What places I can look for

Minimum difference in laptop prices is 10k for entry level, 20k for mid level laptops.
Example : asus vivo 16x amd model is 49k here, similar model in usa is $450.
Components: ssd are cheaper in usa than here, esp top end. Buy wd only as they provide warranty.
Cpu: amd provides world wide warranty.

For used parts , check ebay and anandtech forums. Yes it is good idea to buy from usa if you are saving 20 30k. I think with dell laptop you can transfer warranty. (New ones , not used)

Today microcentre has dell inspiron 15 i5 11th gen foe sale in $300, with touch screen.

Hello what are difference between laptop prices in usa and India.

I guess usa has cheaper prices than India for laptop and computer parts.

Also where can I get cheap used laptop and pc parts in usa and carry with luggage

Is it good idea to buy laptop, computer parts or used gaming console in usa please suggest..

What places I can look for
I had an experience recently of trying to get a gaming laptop from the US. Unfortunately, ASUS cancelled the order and I missed the date.
Here are my observations.

1. They are cheaper than India, but sometimes not as much as you think - because they don't go by MRP, they have state taxes. So say a laptop is $1000 USD (83k) and the Indian price is 1L... When you add the 10-12% taxes etc, it will be more like 92k vs 1L.
2. You can be smart where you purchase from - Republican/more right leaning states have lower taxes. Texas is usually a good buy for people in Canada for example (Canada is taxed heavily).. States like Delaware have zero tax on them. So you get excellent prices.
3. They have way more sales than India. Black Friday or places like Microcenter have discounts we can't dream of here. So timing matters.
4. Yeah, beyond just laptops - SSDs, GaN chargers, anything new tech have much better pricing there. There are quality brands like Anker who never sell their products in India (Or they sell at double the rates). The best brand India can buy is something like UGreen, which is reliable, but not as much as Anker.
5. So first make a list of what electronics you'd like to buy - which brand etc. Check Amazon, Flipkart and Google shopping for availability and the best Indian prices (Aside from scam retailers ofc). And then compare it to US websites (And add a 10% tax too). You'd quickly know where to take advantage of US prices.

I will be going in April for office work.. hence thinking to buy a laptop basic or gaming if I get good deal and the price difference between India and usa is high.. so I can get good item at good price..

I can buy used item also may be ThinkPad or any laptop or console, in that case I don't need warranty

But if I buy new item from a sale or at good price i wish I get warranty in India..

Please help me what brands provide international warranty.. so I ca focus on them..

Also where can I buy used laptop or console I mean any store or clearance lot...

Also are there any cheap lodging or hotel to stay once my official package get over I will have to pay out of my pocket to stay longer.. so any lodging or dormitory serviced for cheap in new Jersey or Washington or new york etc

You can check out r/hardwareswap in reddit, there are many active deals there. You can even put up a list of things you need, and people can approach you with deals. Ofc to be safe, deal in public areas and be transparent about deals in the reddit posts. There should be dorms as well, have you checked AirBnB rates?

No I have not checked air bnb... I just need room to slip and keep the luggage as in day times I will be touring or roaming city... I don't want to spend more looking for cheap stay option and could not find any information.. Google search gives me hotels that are like 100 dollar per night...

I will be going in April for office work.. hence thinking to buy a laptop basic or gaming if I get good deal and the price difference between India and usa is high.. so I can get good item at good price..

I can buy used item also may be ThinkPad or any laptop or console, in that case I don't need warranty

But if I buy new item from a sale or at good price i wish I get warranty in India..

Please help me what brands provide international warranty.. so I ca focus on them..

Also where can I buy used laptop or console I mean any store or clearance lot...

Also are there any cheap lodging or hotel to stay once my official package get over I will have to pay out of my pocket to stay longer.. so any lodging or dormitory serviced for cheap in new Jersey or Washington or new york etc
Check hostelworld for dorms. They're usually cheap, and will provide safes for your belongings

Back