Laptops Laptop repair shops in Mumbai or Pune

ch@ts

Skilled
My girlfriends sister's laptop stopped powering on about a year back, and she was asked to replace the motherboard for Rs.9000/- .
I advised her against it as I didn't think it was worth spending so much to replace a part on an out of warranty machine.
She's given me the laptop to fix and I'd like to repair it without spending too much.
Are there any reliable shops in Pune or Mumbai (preferably in the Lamington Rd - Fort area) where they do chip level repairs?

The laptop doesn't power on at all, and there's no indication that it's charging, or powered on. I tried disassembling it to see if everything was connected, and if I could do a barebones (no HDD, ODD, antennae, speakers, wi-fi, bluetooth etc) power-on, but that didn't help. I couldn't remove the motherboard from the case as a couple of screws were unreachable, so I couldn't examine it for burn marks or bulging capacitors. Does this mean that the motherboards completely dead? Has anybody managed to fix laptops in this condition? And if I do have to change the motherboard can I put in a more modern one, instead of the original Core2Duo based one?

Bumping this up. Looking for a reliable non-sony authorised place to replace my vaio screen and invertor. Any suggestions based on personal experience in Town, Central Suburbs, Eastern Suburbs or Navi Mumbai are welcome.

Back