Laptops Laptop Required : 45k , purpose :Browsing /Movies/Music

Hi guys need your help on this one. Can you suggest a Laptop for the below mentioned Spec ( need it for a friend)

Price range :45000
Purpose :Browsing /Movies/Music
Screen : 14" or 15"
Processor : Best possible in the range
RAM :atleat 3GB

Need one with good "Build Quality"
No Acer please.

Stormy has got an Acer model with 2GB DDR3 for 28k , the 4gig varient retails for ~36k ..

Ask him for more details. The specs were really good :)

one of colleague bought a HP DV4 (14") for under 45k. 320GB+4GB+2GHZ+Intel 4500HD GMA. He mentioned some scheme , for which he got goodies like laptop bag., headphones and some other stuff.

DELL E 6400 HIGH PERFORMANCE LATITUDE SERIES

Intel Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T9400 2.53GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB

Genuine Windows Vista(R) Business 32 bit SP1 Edition (English)

250GB SATA (5400RPM) Hard Drive

2GB (1x2GB) 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M, 256MB With PC-Card

8X DVD + /-RW Drive

6 Cell Battery

Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth(R) 2.1

14.1 " Widescreen WXGA (1280x800) LED Display

No Camera, with Digital Microphone for WXGA LED LCD (Metal Black)

Carry Case Included

1 YEAR DIRECT DELL WARRANTY

Price: Rs 47500/-

Link: http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/dell-latitude-laptops-140705.html

Go with Studio 15 :). Inspiron is also good but just in case your friend wishes to play some high end games in future or run some heavy multemedia apps, studio 15 would be a better choice. Also you can get a full fledge studio 15 with a ATI Raedon 512MB HD4570 card in the price you mentioned :D

ultra vires said:
what about build quality of dell ??
Recently i have seen a lot of reviews cursing Dells build quality

Yea most of (or all) of them are for studio 1537 model. I too have the same model. It had problems with touchpanel and some other minor problems. My touchpanel was replaced within one month. However, I read that all of these have been fixed in newer 1555 model and moreover it doesn have a touchpanel :p :D

amol_cool said:
Yea most of (or all) of them are for studio 1537 model. I too have the same model. It had problems with touchpanel and some other minor problems. My touchpanel was replaced within one month. However, I read that all of these have been fixed in newer 1555 model and moreover it doesn have a touchpanel :p :D

Then what does it have???

Are you saying that it has a touchscreen instead !!!

hotshot05 said:
Then what does it have???

Are you saying that it has a touchscreen instead !!!

nope the newer one doesn have any thouchpanel or screen. Instead the brightness,volume etc buttons are given on function keys. There is a separate button for eject however. You will need to change their function from BIOS so that they perform these functions first instead of their default function. So that would mean Pressing Fn + Alt + F4 for closing :p (Or you can have it your way. Your pick! ;) )

Go for the HP Pavilion dv2 series. It’s an ultra-portable and the performance is great considering its got a full fledged uncompromised CPU and ATI Radeon graphics in it.

Back