Budget 31-40k Laptop to keep happy Kids first!

Doremon

Adept
Hi...

My little champ-10yr-pressed me so hard to get PS3 but finally gets convinced against Laptop worth to invest money!

Wishlist
-80% usages considered for son(Std-5) & daughter(std-11) in surfing, gaming, video/audio & MS application compartment...I assume both will be really need of lappy when the days comes for higher education after 2-3 years....

-Bal 20% left for me if i can find time after office & wify:p hours or on holiday... Though it would be not more than 2 hours ...

-14"/15" LED screen, i5/3rd gen, RAM: Min4GB DDR3/5 + 500GB/1TB HDD, 1GB Nvidia Graphic, USB 3.0 preferable, Quality Audio.

-Brand preference:- Dell or Sony but any other worth option are welcome (Pl excuse me for Acer though..)

EDIT:- Budget can be streach upto 45k.

2 Confusions!
1. Having Desktop at home with BSNL BB +ASDL, it makes sense to throw 40000 bucks!
2. Should I get basic Tablets just for Gaming ... this option saves me lots of money!

thanks in anticipation.

Will your kids need to carry laptop with them, or just need to access it from home? If usage is going to be from home, better to stick to desktop you already have, rather than spending so much. Don't think 2-3 years in advance and buy laptop now - you will get better spec-ed laptops if you delay the purchase just when you really need.

Will your kids need to carry laptop with them, or just need to access it from home? If usage is going to be from home, better to stick to desktop you already have, rather than spending so much.
From home almost all the time, occasionaly when outing on tour twice per year...
Don't think 2-3 years in advance and buy laptop now - you will get better spec-ed laptops if you delay the purchase just when you really need.
Can I supress his curiocity of PS3 against updating my 2009 home PC?!! this is very sensitive question

Finally, shortlisted ...

1. Dell Inspiron 14R
2. Ausus N 55 SL/SF or K55VD-SX314D
3. Vaio E14A15 FNW/FB
4. Lenovo U310/410

Which one better to opt?

Back