Budget 90k+ Laptop under 1L with upgradable RAM to 32G

Hi There,

I want to buy a laptop

• Budget: 1L (+- 10k)]
  • Mainly for work purpose (having a graphics unit is not important, main considerations are RAM 16 GB upgradable to 32 GB and at least 128GB NVMe SSD)
  • screen size < 15.6 inches preferably
  • Brand no matter
  • No gaming, mostly for work
Main requirement is that RAM should be upgradable to 32 gigs and has at least 128GB NMVe SSD.

@draglord

Since you're not into gaming and a bit biased on long-term value, opt for the first-gen Lenovo ThinkPad P14s AMD Edition. The second-generation has already been announced, but I don't think it's available for purchase yet in India.

If portability is not the primary concern, then you can also opt for the models that are built on top of Clevo's reference design. AZOM is the official Indian system integrator partner of Clevo and Exigo V5 is their latest AMD-based offering (based on Clevo NH50AF1). It's a bit old-gen, but the modular design and the upgradability options make it a beast compared to regular notebooks.

Last edited:
I have the same requirements with a lower figure ~ 60Kish budget (only laptop, RAM/SSD extra) and have removed the Lenovo's off my list because it comes with one single soldered module (E14s) or even the X390s (a bit over budget, but can get approvals)

I am planning to stick to Dells (using a damaged 5280), looking at the 3400/3410 series. For me the newest gen is not a technical requirement since its only for out of office use while travelling or at home, while the office machine is a R4800H monster (ASUS F15) with 64GB of RAM.

I have shortlisted the following

Dell Latitudes - lasts really long (4 years with rough & tough use) plus has 2 memory slots and M2 + SATA
Acer Travelmate P2 something - same as above.

optionally looking at the following - mainly because lightweight

Swift 3 or 3X - even though its limited to 16GB of RAM, but can make do.
LG Gram 14 - single soldered, but very lightweight. Build quality is so-so in terms of flex on the display but otherwise good.

If none of these tick my requirements, I am planning to get another F15 with lower spec and bump up the RAM

@Titokhan the delivery times on lenovo are too high, 3 months. Can you recommend any other (acer, dell) laptop which can be upgraded to 32 gigs? I see a couple of options but i cannot say which ones are upgradable.

@draglord

Apparently the Amazon listings of most AMD-based Lenovo's business models (including the ThinPad T14 Gen 1) are out of stock as well. You should drop a mail to Lenovo India to query them about the availability.

For others, try to stick with business class models, e.g. HP's ProBook or Dell's Latitude and Precision range. Once again, you can get a better quote when you contact these OEMs directly.

Back