Budget 31-40k Laptop Under 42k for light use.

itachim17

Disciple
What's your Budget? Not more than 42k
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Casual use, for college and very lightweight gaming.
What size and weight considerations do you have? 14 or 15.6 would be good.
Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Mostly HP, Dell or Lenovo
Any other considerations? Atleast 512gb drive. Would prefer good battery life
Also what wud be better i5 10th gen or i3 11th gen ?

I3 11th is a 2 core 4 thread processor vs the 4 core 8 thread I5 10th gen. I5 10th is a better performing one roughly by 30%.

512 Nvme drive, minimum of 8gb RAM with upgrade option, full hd IPS display, type C usb etc are few other things you should look for

I3 11th is a 2 core 4 thread processor vs the 4 core 8 thread I5 10th gen. I5 10th is a better performing one roughly by 30%.

512 Nvme drive, minimum of 8gb RAM with upgrade option, full hd IPS display, type C usb etc are few other things you should look for
Are there any specific laptops that i should look out for?
Thanks for this btw.

All leading manufacturers cut cost on display panels despite their fancy internals. On most occasions, you will be shocked to find both 50k and 20k models from that manufacturer featuring the same TN panel with poor viewing angles.

I would advise you to shortlist few models, visit branded showrooms, try physically and buy wherever you find a good deal. Check the displays at lower and higher angles, if there is significant color shift, avoid those models

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08XY3QXY5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , 256Gb Nvme against the 512 that you require.

But ticks off all other reqts.+ this is one of those (rare?) models that doesn't have a soldered-on RAM and uses two sticks, for dual channel.
Thanks, i'll look into it.

All leading manufacturers cut cost on display panels despite their fancy internals. On most occasions, you will be shocked to find both 50k and 20k models from that manufacturer featuring the same TN panel with poor viewing angles.

I would advise you to shortlist few models, visit branded showrooms, try physically and buy wherever you find a good deal. Check the displays at lower and higher angles, if there is significant color shift, avoid those models
yea I too got a poor screen on my current laptop despite it being IPS.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
Need to buy a budget laptop for my sister.
Media consumption and very lightweight gaming.

Is this the best under the 42k budget?

I found a decent-looking one at 39.5k, see if this suits your needs better:

Has a better processor and 512gb ssd, although no hdd
Also I don't think anyone can definitevely say that any laptop under a given price point is best due to the sheer number of laptops and stores online, but the above 2 options seem to be pretty good ones. I'd pick based on form factor and portability

Is there a way to know which ports & slots are free on the Laptop?
for ex. the HP laptop i mentioned has an Nvme SSD, but how to know if there is a spare SATA slot for upgrading an SSD later? (w/o opening up the laptop obviously)

Back