Laptop under 45k

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
My friend requires a laptop with the following requirements

Budget : 45k

Usage : He is a B-School student. So he'll be preparing lots presentations. Apart from this a little bit of gaming, media and general stuff.

Requirements : Low weight as much as possible, good looking, good processing power and a very good 13~14" display, good battery life and a backlit keyboard.

Above info is enough i guess, let me know if anything else is required. He wants to finalize the model by tomorrow.

Get the older Inspiron 14.

i-330M

3GB DDR3

320GB HDD

512MB HD4330/ 1GB HD5450

Price: 35.4/36.9k

Take 3yrs CC for 8k. No worries for the next 3 years.

The newer inspiron 14R looks bad and also doesnt have a discrete GPU option, but the older one looks cool like the Studio 14.

Inspiron 14 Laptop Details | Dell India

Edit: Oops, missed the backlit part. It doesn't have back light but satisfies all other needs. The Studio 14 has backlight option but will cost you ~46k for 1 year limited warranty for,

i-350M

4GB DDR3

320GB HDD

1GB HD5450

Backlit KB.

Not aware of any other lappies with backlit options and GPU in that budget :ashamed:

^well, to be frank i don't think he'll game but having it under consideration to be on a safer side. So minus the discrete graphics option do we have any other choice ?

If you want the best gaming laptop in 45k , then nothing close to Acer 5740G

Core i5 430M

4GB DDR3

500GB HDD

ATI 5650 1GB ( 10 times better than ATI 5450/5470 1GB)

Few things I have tested :

The 5740G lasts approx 2 hours and 48 minutes on the LAPTOP Battery Test (web surfing via Wi-Fi). It’s only about 15 minutes less than the Acer 5740 with integrated graphics, so to you this trade-off is worth it.

The total time for bootup is 51 secs approx . ( Its the time to boot from being completely shut down to the moment you have control of the desktop and all of the system tray items are loaded. )

^That said the Acer laptops have a plasticky build - pretty much evident if you can drop by a Croma/Reliance Digital outlet and see it in person. Dell laptops OTOH have a better build quality compared to Acer. I'd say go by DarkAngel's suggestion. The backlit keyboard option under that budget is hard - almost not possible I'd say. The Studio and Studio XPS has the backlit KB option though but would overshoot your budget.

My colleague who's just secured an admission in IIM Shillong, has got himself a Dell laptop - Inspiron 14R. For just under 40k shipped to his hometown with a 3yr Complete Cover option. Pretty good I'd say. :)

^Like I said if gaming is of utmost priority , then nothing comes close to ACER 5740G

But if gaming is not your priority then Dell Inspirion 15R @ 42k is just awesome

Dell Inspirion 15R

Core i5 430M

4GB DDR3

500GB HDD

ATI 5470 1GB

5740 weighs a ton with the 6 cell battery, and even then the battery does not last much.

if discrete graphics is not a priority, Inspiron it is. I'm getting an inspiron 15R in a week or so.

problem is , there isnt much choice in the 14" size :(

AFAIK, only dell studios come with backlit kbds

Back