Hi Friend's,

I have a Lenovo Z50 70 with

Core i5 4210U 4th Gen 1.7 GHz
4 GB RAM DDR3
1 TB HDD (5400 rpm)
Integrated Intel Graphics
1366*768 Display
Windows 8.1 Pro

Of late, I am finding it to be sluggish at best. After some research, I am little disappointed to know about ULV processor's and hence need to either upgrade the entire lappy or go for performance enhancement. Usage involves Office excel word processing, occasional Autocad Drawings, email surfing, music, video, YouTube, running XP in VM and light gaming. So please guide accordingly,

Option 1: Asus X550JK-DM132H @ 62k

Option 2: 256 or 512 GB SSD with RAM increase to 8 or 12 GB DDR3 @ 20-25k

Kindly advise,

I do understand Pros of this one in terms of Good Build, Runs cool, Optical Drive, Good Sound, Nice Looks, Has most ports available and Price was good at around 40k w/o OS but now the con of Sluggish performance is very difficult to live with. Other cons like poor glossy display and average input device's are not that bothering but Performance wise, I need the right route.

Thanks for suggestions all! I upgraded to hp pavilion 15 ab032tx with SSD with latest offers for 44.5k! Worth the money for me!

Got it via Paytm offer where I got 9k as wallet on amt of 54k. Additional codes earlier knocked off 500 but I can't see the seller now at paytm. Techify something was name and now it is via rocket sales seller at high price of 55k but 9k cashback as paytm wallet.

You can visit paytm n keep checking for offers.I bought SSD additionally though for 10k on exchange of original HDD of lappy.

Display is huge upgrade for me from the glossy 1366*768 display of Lenovo. Viewing angles are little affected by anti glare screen but brightness is satisfactory. Full HD has good sharpness so overall I will rate it 3.5 on scale of 5 and recommended over current sets of glossy or non HD displays. Comparable to an extent to displays of above 60k machines.

Back