Laptops Laptop vibration from broken fan blade - help asap!

Ok guys , my laptop was overheating so i took it to repair center to get the thermal paste applied and clean the dust .

In the process of cleaning the laptop FAN , the guy broke one of the fan vane (blade) ..
The fan is running fine as i can feel the hot air coming out and there is no large noise also , only thing is that i feel this is causing my laptop to vibrate ..

i dont have a problem with vibration , i just want to know if its okay for my laptop , i mean will constant vibration damage my motherboard or hdd ??

Thanks !!

nothing will happpen.
continue using as it is with care to not clog the fan.

thanks for the reply ,

you see when the temperature rises the fan rotates more and laptop vibrates more ..
if the vibration has no effect on my current hardware(especially hdd) then i have no problem at all ..

Thanks !!

Get the fan replaced. If you can feel it vibrating, the balance is badly offset which will stress the bearings and the fan will fail pretty soon.

Usually hard disks can handle mild amounts of vibration, but depends. Shouldn't affect other components.
Edit: Vibration can affect drive performance though. Here's a funny video about it :

nothing will happpen.
:eek:

Get the fan replaced. If you can feel it vibrating, the balance is badly offset which will stress the bearings and the fan will fail pretty soon.

Usually hard disks can handle mild amounts of vibration, but depends. Shouldn't affect other components.
Edit: Vibration can affect drive performance though. Here's a funny video about it :

:eek:

lol , now i dont know how to tell that guy that its because of you my fan will fail , as he insists there is nothing wrong with breaking a fan blade and says he's experienced .

what should i say exactly to convince him ??

Just tell him the vibration is bothering you.

The fan by itself is not expensive. But most fans come packaged with the entire heatsink/heatpipe module, so it tends to be expensive, which is why he's shrugging off responsibility. If you're able to find the fan alone separately, you might as well pay and get it fixed.

lol , now i dont know how to tell that guy that its because of you my fan will fail , as he insists there is nothing wrong with breaking a fan blade and says he's experienced .

what should i say exactly to convince him ??

He will "never" be convinced because if he is, he will have to pay for the fan. Why do you need to convince him at all ? It's you who needs to be convinced not him.

Just tell him the vibration is bothering you.

The fan by itself is not expensive. But most fans come packaged with the entire heatsink/heatpipe module, so it tends to be expensive, which is why he's shrugging off responsibility. If you're able to find the fan alone separately, you might as well pay and get it fixed.
will try today , let's see what happens .

UPDATE: he told me to continue using it , if the fan fails he will take responsibilty ..
i doubt that , the new fan+installation is rs 1500 , lulz

guys where to get replacement fan in bangalore ?
indian sites showing fan cost above rs 1300 but foreign site show like 8$ only ..
in bangalore where to get the replacement fan other than the acer service center ..

if i get a new fan , i will disassemble myself and get it replaced , its not that hard i guess coz i have seen it twice getting disassembled plus got the disassembly guide for my laptop :)

Back