Budget 90k+ Laptops that support 64gb ram

There are a couple of things you need to watch out for:
1. Available upgradable slots. Many newer models (in the ultra portable segment, in particular) come with one or more modules soldered on, leaving you little or no room for more memory.
2. Level of difficulty in upgrading components. Some models make it unnecessarily difficult to open and upgrade components. Youtube disassembly/upgrade videos may help here, before you zero in on your model.

Search your processor in https://ark.intel.com to know about the max memory it supports.

Generally laptops come with only two mem slots, most slimmer models have one or both of them soldered (which means no easy way to upgrade). Info about the free ram slot will be available in the description or just search for the manual of that laptop in Google and check it there.

Apart from these there are limitations with BIOS also but AFAIK no BIOS limits max RAM support below 64GB if the processor supports it. Issues might arise with BIOS if you're pushing for 128gigs (have seen these issues in older clevo laptops) but for 64GB you should be fine.

I work in data science, so lot of disk IO and RAM usage
Can This laptop be upgraded to 64 gigs?

How about this one?
According to the information in the links you have shared, one of them specifies the limit as 32GB (which is probably insuperable) and the other is silent though it gives you a breakdown of installed capacity (I am inclined to believe these sticks are probably soldered in and there is no mechanism to access inner components). As mentioned above, ultrabooks tend to not be upgradeable these days.
Your best bet at 64 GB capacity are MSI thin gaming models that are specifically rated so and I believe have been verified in comments and reviews. It should run in dual channel as well up to the stated limit.

Lastly, consider browsing this thread: https://techenclave.com/threads/bra...e-adapter-only-10k.196221/page-3#post-2257362

I discussed the suitability for a single 32 GB SODIMM module that I was selling here a little while ago. I sort of created a compendium of all reported and unreported compatible devices that I found (Mostly gaming laptops) in the sales description. Also, users chimed in the comment section with their own experience. As stated above 32GB modules should work with recent devices (given the mobo supports it which is hard to know in advance) but the presumption is not altogether safe unless the manufacturer also states as much (although again the details provided are often silent or unreliable). In my view, your best bet is MSI or Asus A15 - though fair warning, although users have reported A15 as supporting 32GB + 32GB modules (Including aftermarket sellers offering such models on Amazon USA) when I had an A15 personally it would not boot with 32GB sticks. Never quite figured out what that was about or why support might vary or if it actually does, but I knew for a fact my model was without blemish or injury (and no hindrance on the part of BIOS afaik). Plus I sent my stick to a guy with a recent Dell XPS model (intel 10th gen iirc) that also couldn't accommodate my module.

Ultimately, the requirement of Ram and storage that you have is incompatible with a 14' ultrabook sans DGPU - in fact even to reliably put in 32GB total, generally means opting for a well-researched 25W non-ultrabook 15'. For instance the Acer 135-41 2500u Ryzen gives you 2 free slots with direct access panels (although even there the stated capacity is 16 but verified to be up to 32). The gaming options might turn you off but luckily they also happen to be the lightest on the market with a slim bezel profile (the A15 I had felt much closer to a 14' than a traditional 15'). Newer gaming models might also give you 2xm2 slots alongside the usual 2.5'. It's very hard to try and find all of that in a 14' ultrabook no matter how expensive. Keep in mind even if you put in more than the reported total - the excess might not run dual channel.

Last edited:
Back