Laptops Laptops with newer cards

megavan

Disciple
Any laptops out yet (or on the horizon) with gforce9 series or ati equivalents and which would come for under 65k? Also, how long do you think xps 1530 will last me purely for gaming?

Sure! recently nvidia also released their 9800m GTX but the lappies that have em are over 100k!!

Here is your best bet Gateway P-7811FX

It is based on Intel's new Montevina platform(Centrino2)

It has nvidia 9800m GTS GPU!!!:eek:hyeah:

Specs -

* Intel® Centrino® 2 processor technology with interrelated Intel® Core™2 Duo processor P8400, Intel® Mobile PM45 Express chipset, Intel® Wireless Wi-Fi Link network connection (802.11a/b/g/n), extended battery life capability

* 4GB DDR3 memory for multitasking power, 1066MHz frontside bus, 3MB L2 cache and 2.26GHz pocessor speed

* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; supports DVD-RAM; also supports Labelflash direct-disc labels using compatible Labelflash media

* The next-generation Intel® Core™2 Duo processor is based on the innovative Intel® Core™ microarchitecture, so it runs faster and is more energy-efficient for cooler, quieter operation

* 17" WUXGA TFT widescreen display with 1920 x 1200 resolution:eek:hyeah:

* 200GB SATA hard drive (7200 rpm)

* NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS graphics with 512MB of GDDR3 discrete video memory; high-definition audio (2-channel); HDMI connector:hap2: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

* Built-in 1.3MP webcam makes it easy to chat with and send video mail to family and friends

* 5-in-1 digital media manager supports Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card

* IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports for fast digital video, audio and data transfer

* Built-in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN with RJ-11 connector; V.92 high-speed data/fax modem

* Weighs 9.2 lbs. and measures just 1.7" thin for portable power

* FX premium design with brushed metal keyboard surround sound high-impact composite finish; illuminated metal precision touch multimedia buttons

* Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system with Service Pack (SP1) preinstalled; software package included with Microsoft Works 9.0 and more; 60-day trial of Microsoft Windows Office Home and Student 2007 also included

All of this AWESOMENESS for only around 60-70K!!!:hap2: :eek:hyeah:

Its available on best buy for $1250! u can always order from KMD!:clap:
Product Link -Gateway - Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology - P-7811FX

I had orgered my lappy(sager NP5793 with 8800m GTX gpu from kmd in April 08!) had absolutely no probs in getting the lappy!!

u also dont need to worry about the customs! KMD will handle it for u!:hap5:
NO laptop available in India even comes close to this Gateway!! I'd say go for it!!:hap2:

Yea!:p Basically they are called "Desktop Replacements"

My Sager NP5793 specs -

-Intel Core2Duo T9300(2.5Ghz)
-Intel PM965 chipset
-nvidia 8800m GTX with 512mb dedicated vmemory:eek:hyeah:
-4GB DDR2-667Mhz RAM
-200GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM SATA II - 300
etc.

U can call it a desktop!:p

For me its the most uber machine ever!! moreover i can buy the 9800m GTX gpu from the retailer and install it in the notebook myself!!!:hap2: :) :eek:hyeah:

but i'm gonna wait for mGTX 280!:D

Gateway looks good ,i have a gateway laptop very old one ,till date i havent had a single problem ,but there isnt any support in India :mad:

i think Dell is the best bet in India .... But you're gonna have to wait .....For how long ...no one knows .... :) .... The laptop in your budget just does not exist ...

bennick12 said:
da Hp sit shows the new range with the 9600gt...but no price is mentioned..

Yep it costs around 65 it seems. Doesn't compaq or acer comes with 9600gts? And any idea when an xps with 9600 or above will be out? :(

Back