LARGE Qwerty buttons

sasa110

Disciple
I've started to have a neuro problem whereby i lose feelings on my thumbs and the 2 fingers next to it every now and then (thanks to a nasty accident 2 months back)

I'm a blackberry user - had the bold 3 which got stolen recently, and bought in a new Javelin from the US. But given my problem of deteriorating senses on the fingers and the somewhat small buttons, I'm having problems using this phone. Gone back to a basic T9 handset for now and its much better.

I need a qwerty slider actually, with low sar (not more than 1ish) since the buttons on it are slightly larger than bar qwertys and I think I should be able to manage them. My choices right now are - sony ericsson txt pro and nokia C6 (slightly over my budget) but I want to know specifically of upcoming slider qwertys in the coming months or something within my budget from the US. I am not considering the xperia mini pro since it has a SAR value of 1.55.

Thanks for reading.

1. Q: Budget?

A: 6k-12k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Slider

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: No idea.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Any good brand with LOW SAR.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: qwerty

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: irrelevent

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 2G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Low SAR.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Nokia C6, Sony ericson txt pro

thanks for the replies. i guess my topic has become slightly misleading - i really should have written "qwerty slider" there, since that is what i really meant.

any suggestions anyone of qwerty sliders that could be purchased from the US?

PS: there are plenty of ones in ebay US but cant make out which ones are gsm and can be unlocked easily for india.

Check out the HTC Desire Z/G2 if it's still available. Also, the new Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro (the one with the 3.7-inch display) and the Motorola Milestone 2 are other options when it comes to large Android phones with slider keypads.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Here are a few unlocked ones on ebay.com

Sony Ericsson XPERIA Pro - Black Unlocked Smartphone | eBay

Motorola Milestone 2 Droid 2 Android 2.2 Phone By FedEx | eBay

HTC Desire Desire Z - 1.5GB - Silver Unlocked Smartphone 821793007546 | eBay

Back