Laser eye vision correction?

Amol

Adept
Has anyone had one here ? I am considering getting one myself. I have -1.00 0.5 spherical and cylindrical vision in both eyes. Its not bad, but I heard its gotten very safe now. So want to get glasses free for one and for all. Tired of wearing these stupid glasses.

I wont suggest going for lasik??(I guess thats what its called) for that kinda power....though a close friend of mine did it and it was sorta successful, he had I guess something like -10 or 12 and it got reduced to -2 or 3, something like that....

Amol said:
Has anyone had one here ? I am considering getting one myself. I have -1.00 0.5 spherical and cylindrical vision in both eyes. Its not bad, but I heard its gotten very safe now. So want to get glasses free for one and for all. Tired of wearing these stupid glasses.

amol that power is not that much.

do you really want to go for it?

the points to consider
do you work in graphics / any profession where colour accuracy and contrast accuracy is of utmost important, than you better stay away from it.

Do you have to look at computer monitor for a longer period of time?

do you have to spend time in AC or HEATER induced atmosphere for a longer period of time?

if any one question is in yes than you better try to avoid the procedure.

Side effects are little loss of colour accuracy and contrast sensitivity which is subtle for a common person but as i said if your livelyhood depends upon it than :no:, other side effect is dryness of eyes which has ac and heater as aggravating factor.

there was another thread in recent past do search for it.

do post if more clarifications required.

I got it done for 45k in Dec '07. Getting rid of those -4 glasses has changed my life although I've ended up spending a lot more money, (no) thanks to RayBans and Serengetis. :D

My cousin shall be getting hers done sometime next month while a friend of mine freed herself from the shackles back in Jan '07, thanks to the same doctor. Neither of us has had any problems whatsoever until now (touch wood). The most important thing is to select an experienced doc who has had a lot of successes under his belt. I probably spent close to 2 months trying to select a good doctor.

Let me know if you need any info.

Amol said:
Colour blindness treatment, Natural treatment for eyes, Natural Vision imporvement, Myopia Treatment, Sanjeevan you must really try this, no operation , nothing at all , just plain exercises and ti works, i know it because i have seen it my self. :)

i think upto -1.5 its good to try exercise..

i know a person who was on total carrot diet and exercise for same number and it reduced upto minus -0.75..she was doin the same for her marriage as they cant afford lasik stuff

mine is minus 5 and so i might do it..not so sure yet...

^ My brother is suffering from something known as Stargast , its a disease were by the center portion of the the eye goes dark , his vision was as low as 6/60 and by this , as it as no treatment or operation world wide his vision came to 6/18 , some might understand what am i speaking about. :) .

vahss_11 said:
And wat was ur result?? i mean wat changes u felt??

can u give more details abt it to us, mine is -4.5 to -5 both eyes, desperate to get rid of specs, will die for clear vision,,,

I think you should call or visit them once, i have seen people with higher power there get rid of their glasses.

PS : i have no motive to advertise , but helping someone for their eyes i feel god might bless my brother :)

My colleague got it done in chennai. He had -9.5 spherical. He came back from the hospital in few hours.

But he developed double vision and allergy(which the doc said was rare and will subside...) He was petrified initially, but then, after 2 weeks of medication and rest his eyes became perfectly fine. He is a happy chap now.

Your eyes aint that lacking....wonder if you really need it. I wear contact lens. Maybe you should too. The soft lens are very comfortable. You will not even feel it.

Sorry for the sake of not having to write the info all over again :)

I am an Optician... and I posted the same answer to someone else very recently, if you are interested look it up there is a lot of very good info in the thread.

i needed somethin like this(lasik) ..my opthalmodude always brings up teh lasiks thingy and tells me that i need it...i got a -7.5 spherical maybe...some cylindrical stuff was written too..

compromising on night vision and increased sensitivity to sunlight are troubling, i guess, to me..plus cant afford to lose those shades in colors either...need good color reproduction like an ips panel:p..dint check with teh 'latest techniques' which me opthalmologiky kept talkin about ...maybe they dont cause these things to happen?

fcry64 said:
i needed somethin like this(lasik) ..my opthalmodude always brings up teh lasiks thingy and tells me that i need it...i got a -7.5 spherical maybe...some cylindrical stuff was written too..

compromising on night vision and increased sensitivity to sunlight are troubling, i guess, to me..plus cant afford to lose those shades in colors either...need good color reproduction like an ips panel:p..dint check with teh 'latest techniques' which me opthalmologiky kept talkin about ...maybe they dont cause these things to happen?

7.5 diopters is definitely above median power, if your eyes have been stable for long enough you may be a decent candidate... it would depend on how much astigmatism (cylinder) you have. I would imagine you would have much increased quality of life... even if you had to have a small correction later down the road.. it would still be significantly better than what you are used to now. :D

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
7.5 diopters is definitely above median power, if your eyes have been stable for long enough you may be a decent candidate... it would depend on how much astigmatism (cylinder) you have. I would imagine you would have much increased quality of life... even if you had to have a small correction later down the road.. it would still be significantly better than what you are used to now. :D

thanks:) ...but the color loss, no nightnision and that i may not to able to stare at the sun like i like to do i somewhat bothering me:(

i use both glasses and lenses..got like 3 pairs of glasses and 1 lens pair...generally i dont use the lenses. dont like flexible stuff in my eyes:p

Back