Laser Printer without toner chip restrictions by OEM

INTL_akash

Disciple
Im looking to buy a b/w laser printer with SCANNER and WIFI DIRECT connectivity for office use.

I have a ricoh 210su at home and i love that printer. The toner cartridge can be filled with any local toner ink. The drum can be changed locally and whole toner cartridge can also be replaced with a local one without issues.

At the time of its purchase in 2017, there was a major issue of other printer companies (like hp and canon) having chips in their cartridges which block refill from local inks and even needing to throw away the cartridge after it is finished and no option to refill them. Making the printing costs high.

Now i need a wifi direct laser printer(directly print command from phone without wifi in office) and since Ricoh printers are no longer available, i need suggestions as to which wifi laser printer to buy where i can enjoy the same cheap printing i enjoy with my ricoh printer without any errors and hassles due to OEM chips. Easily refillable, local cartridge supported etc.
Any recommendations are highly appreciated.

I also have the same printer at home. If the printer serves your purpose as a printer, add a Raspberry pi and make it wireless.
Availability of Raspberry Pi, or any SBC for that matter, is very poor right now. Better to get a router with USB and printer support.

Slight OT
I have ricoh sp 300dn. Bought for like 3k. lol. It's a network and double side printer. Works great after even like 8 years. The toner has chip though. But such chips available for 200 on amazon.

Back