Car & Bike Last Minute suggestions.. CBR250R

hahahari said:
I am tourer, so I got CBR. If you need a commuter, go get a 100cc. If you need a track ride, get R15 V 1 as am not sure about V2. Not that CBR is not a good track bike, but R15 is just better at it. Overall, CBR is an aweome package, go for it buddy. No regrets till noe for me me except lack of spares!

+1

congrats buddy in advance . .

thats was d visor decision which u made

its completely vfm

The show off will come a lil late as I screwed my eyes badly in excitement. But it was all worth it :p

waiting for the weekend to arrive so that I can complete the run-in asap along with a photo shoot.

u'll complete the run -in of 1500km in 2 days??? wow....ppl do anything to break the speed barrier and unleash the beast !!! congrats bro....wot color did u get?? i saw the beast in the honda showroom on saturday and it was pure bliss !!!! :)

vheezay said:
u'll complete the run -in of 1500km in 2 days??? wow....ppl do anything to break the speed barrier and unleash the beast !!! congrats bro....wot color did u get?? i saw the beast in the honda showroom on saturday and it was pure bliss !!!! :)

run in of 1000km

but maybe it will take me 2weeks as the registration is still pending.

but as i read ownership threads on xbhp... people have traveled 800-1200km per day on a brand new bike... I cant do it even in a pc game while playing at max speed lol.

I havent tried more than 50km on any bike on a stretch before. But I suppose the time has come :p

FaH33m said:
Congrats ! :D Check your cellphone inbox :p

check if you have sent it to the correct number :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

suggest me some kickass helmets :p

criteria:

Colour: Black / Dark

Themes: Skulls, Death, etc

Budget: 2k (depends though..)

Finish: Matt preferred if Without any theme. (Already have a contender for this ...studds ninja @ ~1100)

a separate clear visor is required for night driving IF the main visor is tinted/coated.

Places with a good collection of helmets in navimumbai / mumbai will also do, I could just go and check in person then.

Get the CBR 250R, If you buy it with ABS would be better, cause saftey first.
Although after getting it get a Two Brothers Racing Silencer fitted, as the pickup and noise is what will make your bike sound special.

I have ridden most bikes in that segment including the 250R Ninja, and i have to say the CBR is good bike for the price.
~Happy Riding~

the reg process seems to be slow.

meanwhile met a friend who purchased r15 v2 recently... it was nice to ride it..but the pillion has to be of opposite sex as long as one is straight...yamaha has not given any holding grips and the position is so high and risky for a bike that can accelerate fast...you wouldnt want a guy grabbing you as a result... :facepalm:

went for VEGA Off-road series

looks like this but in complete black and without any graphics

Vega Off Road Helmets - NBX-Pro

got it fitted with a black non moving visor.

visor can not move due to the design of the helmet.

i would have to remove the vison in dark riding conditions.

cost me 1493 for helmet and 150 for the visor.

To DO List:

Remove Saari Guard

Remove Front Number Plate

Tint Visor on the fairing, headlight unit, indicators... (To get more black, liked them on r15 v2...plus the clear type visor on black cbr looks mehh)

:rofl: .............. You must have grabbed your friend in this process... ha ha ha

madnav said:
but the pillion has to be of opposite sex as long as one is straight....you wouldnt want a guy grabbing you as a result... :facepalm:

chiragsthakur said:
:rofl: .............. You must have grabbed your friend in this process... ha ha ha

I rode his bike while he was riding my bike...

There was no pillion.. for the record.. just a probable inference made wrt conditions :p

A short summary of my short ride yesterday..

Run in has been almost done after yesterday night chilling 90km ride....damn the cold chilled my spine.

1352km and I filled the Tank full yesterday morning.

110km since then uptill this morning.

Summary:

City: 30km - 10-80kmph, moderate traffic considering my riding habits... at max 10km out of this was without a pillion. Rest of the 100km ride was with pillion

Highway: 80km - 50-100kmph (constantly around 90-100kmph on highway for most of the times though)

Total: 110km

Fuel: 3.15L (I filled the Tank Full again exactly at 110km)

Efficiency: 34.9kmpl :eek:hyeah:

Now counting until next ~100km, this will be purely city conditions.

Bike feels much smoother now, gotta get it smoother in lower gears. I try to stay on 1st/2nd gear in traffic and maintain 3.5-4.5k rpm in those gears. This has improved smoothness compared to a stock condition.

For how much did you sell your hunk ?

Nice grab. :hap2:

I have a 25th year special edition HH Hunk, so don't dare call it fugly :p

ramanujpatro said:
For how much did you sell your hunk ?

Nice grab. :hap2:

I have a 25th year special edition HH Hunk, so don't dare call it fugly :p

Dint sell Hunk, best offer I got was 40k.

But then dad would have to buy another bike/scooty for his requirements and prices are above 50k for considering even cheapest options.

So he decided to keep HHHunk for himself and compensate me with 40k in my personal loan :p

Things that still need to be done:

Remove front number plate (not finding time; actually feeling lazy)

Change Horn (This will surely be done)

Tint Front visor (Getting used to clear one...)

PS: I just hate what HH does to 'editions' :p

I prefer to call them cheerleader edition, not the sexy kind...asian hooker kind :p

Back